By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking for a good old school RPG.

Baldur's Gate 2 and it's expansion Throne of Bhaal. It should be pretty easy to get these days as most game stores (in NZ anyway) sell the 'Baldur's Gate Ultimate Collection' pack.

Around the Network
Hisiru said:

You have to play "The Dark Spire", this game is totally addictive, but it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard... believe me, if you want to play an old school RPG, you have to play this game. The Dark Spire is like Wizardry, the game is a first person RPG, but I think that this game is much better than any Wizardry.

I am also playing Etrian Odyssey 2 for the DS. The DS is full of old school RPGs.

Sorry, I know that you didn't say "DS"....

Thanks, But I don't have a DS :(

I do have an iPhone. I wonder if there are any old school RPG's for it.

Shinlock said:
Baldur's Gate 2 and it's expansion Throne of Bhaal. It should be pretty easy to get these days as most game stores (in NZ anyway) sell the 'Baldur's Gate Ultimate Collection' pack.

Thanks. Played them. Great games.

if you have an iph0ne..zenonia it is superb.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Knights of the Old Republic and (especially) Knights of the Old Republic II are great - particularly if you like Star Wars, but ESPECIALLY if you think that Lucas failed to deliver on the potential of his universe.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
Shinlock said:

Thanks. Played them. Great games.

I kind of wish I could wipe my brain and play it again. actually that'd be a rather neat feature :)

Demon's souls could be worth a look too. I picked up the chinese version about 3 weeks ago, really enjoying it although it is very challenging. If I was to describe it I'd call it 'diablo 2 RPG elements with Devil May Cry 3 style gameplay'.. even then it doesn't overly encapsulate it properly.

ign has a review for zenonoia..after reading it i got it at 5.99 which is a steal. it reminds me of zelda link to the past i havent even turned on my console since buying the game. the iphone will really is a legit gaming platform

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Fame_Mcswagg said:

ign has a review for zenonoia..after reading it i got it at 5.99 which is a steal. it reminds me of zelda link to the past i havent even turned on my console since buying the game. the iphone will really is a legit gaming platform

This one looks cool too (the reviewer needs some voice lessons though)

Khuutra said:
Knights of the Old Republic and (especially) Knights of the Old Republic II are great - particularly if you like Star Wars, but ESPECIALLY if you think that Lucas failed to deliver on the potential of his universe.

Great games. Played both of those too :)

that game does look cool. i also plan on gettin myst. never played the original and it look pretty sweet on the iphone