By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Hardware, Nintendo Wii hits new low

FishyJoe said: Sony not monopolistic? What do you call UMD, BETA, Memory Stick, etc? Those are deliberate attempts to monopolize formats by Sony.
Failed attempts. And I believe it may also fail with Blu-ray. And there's nothing wrong with creating a standard or dominant format. It just crosses the line when it becomes a monopoly.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

Steve 3.2 said: FishyJoe said: Sony not monopolistic? What do you call UMD, BETA, Memory Stick, etc? Those are deliberate attempts to monopolize formats by Sony. Failed attempts. And I believe it may also fail with Blu-ray. And there's nothing wrong with creating a standard or dominant format. It just crosses the line when it becomes a monopoly.
There is a punch-line in there somewhere.

Sintinel said: Kwaad said: Dont think I attack Nintendo because their Nintendo. This is exactly what you do. Over and over and over and over and over and over again. You do it with pretty much every single one of your posts. You are sickening in your fanboyism, and count your lucky stars there isn't a rule against being an extremely delusional fanboy. I get emails, PM's, and people in IRC telling me all the time that you are the single biggest reason they don't post more often on the boards. It's already gotten you warned numerous times, and banned once, and it will probably result in your eventual perma-ban. You have been told by me and pretty much every mod on this board to chill out with the constant Nintendo bashing, but I'm afraid that there isn't much hope that you will ever learn. You just don't get it. /rant. EDIT: Like I said, being a fanboy isn't against the rules, so this isn't a warning or official mod post whatsoever, just one user to another.
Youre power-mad.

Sintinel said: Kwaad said: Dont think I attack Nintendo because their Nintendo. This is exactly what you do. Over and over and over and over and over and over again. You do it with pretty much every single one of your posts. You are sickening in your fanboyism, and count your lucky stars there isn't a rule against being an extremely delusional fanboy. I get emails, PM's, and people in IRC telling me all the time that you are the single biggest reason they don't post more often on the boards. It's already gotten you warned numerous times, and banned once, and it will probably result in your eventual perma-ban. You have been told by me and pretty much every mod on this board to chill out with the constant Nintendo bashing, but I'm afraid that there isn't much hope that you will ever learn. You just don't get it. /rant. EDIT: Like I said, being a fanboy isn't against the rules, so this isn't a warning or official mod post whatsoever, just one user to another.
I think that you should show more tolerance for fanboys. This is a website whose purpose is to chart and speculate on who will win the console wars, and fanboys are just part of that just as fanboys of football games are part of the fun. In fact, so many of your posts are directed at kwaad that I am begenning to doubt that this is just an example of a fan-boy nemesis, but the result of some gay guy that is pissy b/c he can't get laid. You need to chill out and quit taking this website so seriously.

Diomedes1976 said:Playstation 1 emphasis on 3d ??!! Dont let the retrohystory fool you .....it wasnt Sony who released a console with a controller specialiced in 3d and who neglected 2d ..... You dont know what you are talking about ,there are tons of 2d fighting games and shot them ups in the PSone (Darius V ,R-Type Leo ,R-Types ,Viewpoint ,Gundam ,tons more ) .It was the N64 who had none of these .
1. I never said the PS1 lacked 2d games, just that it's emphasis was on 3d (see point 2) 2. Sony emphasized 3d over 2d on the PS1. How many first party titles were 2d? 3. It's library of 2d games was nothing compared to Saturn, and nowhere nearly as diverse Regardless, you missed my point entirely. People in the mid 90's were proclaiming the end of "hardcore" games because of the playstation, partially due to how it emphasized 3d over 2d. Get it? PS1 was designed mainly for 3d, and people thought that because of that it would never have hardcore games. Doesn't this sound a little similar to what you're saying? Either way I doubt you'll directly address this since you'll probably pick and choose one line to comment on and ignore everything else. But I'd still like you to address this: How did the PS1 and PS2 sell 100mil without appealing to the casuals above everyone else? But I'm sure you'll continue to make wild assumptions about Sony being pious and not having a monopoly, compared to the lesser hardware makers...

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network

dallas said: Sintinel said: Kwaad said: Dont think I attack Nintendo because their Nintendo. This is exactly what you do. Over and over and over and over and over and over again. You do it with pretty much every single one of your posts. You are sickening in your fanboyism, and count your lucky stars there isn't a rule against being an extremely delusional fanboy. I get emails, PM's, and people in IRC telling me all the time that you are the single biggest reason they don't post more often on the boards. It's already gotten you warned numerous times, and banned once, and it will probably result in your eventual perma-ban. You have been told by me and pretty much every mod on this board to chill out with the constant Nintendo bashing, but I'm afraid that there isn't much hope that you will ever learn. You just don't get it. /rant. EDIT: Like I said, being a fanboy isn't against the rules, so this isn't a warning or official mod post whatsoever, just one user to another. I think that you should show more tolerance for fanboys. This is a website whose purpose is to chart and speculate on who will win the console wars, and fanboys are just part of that just as fanboys of football games are part of the fun. In fact, so many of your posts are directed at kwaad that I am begenning to doubt that this is just an example of a fan-boy nemesis, but the result of some gay guy that is pissy b/c he can't get laid. You need to chill out and quit taking this website so seriously.
haha well said.

FishyJoe said: Sony not monopolistic? What do you call UMD, BETA, Memory Stick, etc? Those are deliberate attempts to monopolize formats by Sony.
Aside from BETA how are the other formats setup to monopolize? Please explain.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Kwaad said: Dont think I attack Nintendo because their Nintendo. Sintinel said: This is exactly what you do. Over and over and over and over and over and over again. You do it with pretty much every single one of your posts. You are sickening in your fanboyism, and count your lucky stars there isn't a rule against being an extremely delusional fanboy. I get emails, PM's, and people in IRC telling me all the time that you are the single biggest reason they don't post more often on the boards. It's already gotten you warned numerous times, and banned once, and it will probably result in your eventual perma-ban. You have been told by me and pretty much every mod on this board to chill out with the constant Nintendo bashing, but I'm afraid that there isn't much hope that you will ever learn. You just don't get it. /rant. EDIT: Like I said, being a fanboy isn't against the rules, so this isn't a warning or official mod post whatsoever, just one user to another. dallas said: I think that you should show more tolerance for fanboys. This is a website whose purpose is to chart and speculate on who will win the console wars, and fanboys are just part of that just as fanboys of football games are part of the fun. In fact, so many of your posts are directed at kwaad that I am begenning to doubt that this is just an example of a fan-boy nemesis, but the result of some gay guy that is pissy b/c he can't get laid. You need to chill out and quit taking this website so seriously.
I completely disagree that fanboys are part of what makes this site great. In fact, I think it is probably the biggest problem we have in the forums right now. If you had read my post you would have seen where I stated that I've had many complaints about this particular user. So many of my posts are directed at Kwaad because he says so much fanboy bullshit. It gets old hearing the same arguments again and again. It's ok not to like a particular product or brand, but when you go into every thread and bash them for no particular reason it crosses the line. I am a mod. It is my job to make sure that line is crossed as infrequently as possible. If you have a problem with the way I perform my duties, feel free to email the admin at admin@vgcharts.org . This is not the proper venue for voicing such complaints. I am not gay, but what if I was? I am warning you for that comment, and I want to make it very clear why I am doing so. It is not because you have angered me by calling me gay. I don't consider being gay to be a bad thing, so it does not insult me whatsoever. I am warning you because the language you used is offensive and degrading to homosexuals. Don't do it again. My sex life is none of your business, neither is my ability or inability to 'get laid.' And finally, yes, I do take this site very seriously, and I take my duties as a moderator equally seriously. Regardless of your approval of said attitude, I will continue to take them both very seriously.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Sintinel said: I completely disagree that fanboys are part of what makes this site great. In fact, I think it is probably the biggest problem we have in the forums right now. If you had read my post you would have seen where I stated that I've had many complaints about this particular user. So many of my posts are directed at Kwaad because he says so much fanboy bullshit. It gets old hearing the same arguments again and again. It's ok not to like a particular product or brand, but when you go into every thread and bash them for no particular reason it crosses the line. I am a mod. It is my job to make sure that line is crossed as infrequently as possible. If you have a problem with the way I perform my duties, feel free to email the admin at admin@vgcharts.org . This is not the proper venue for voicing such complaints. I am not gay, but what if I was? I am warning you for that comment, and I want to make it very clear why I am doing so. It is not because you have angered me by calling me gay. I don't consider being gay to be a bad thing, so it does not insult me whatsoever. I am warning you because the language you used is offensive and degrading to homosexuals. Don't do it again. My sex life is none of your business, neither is my ability or inability to 'get laid.' And finally, yes, I do take this site very seriously, and I take my duties as a moderator equally seriously. Regardless of your approval of said attitude, I will continue to take them both very seriously.
First off, if you think Sony is trying for a monopoly with Memory Stick... your kinda crazy. Sony uses memory stick, to make sure that every sony product sold... buys more sony products. Each Memory Stick you buy. Sony see's some money. Monopoly or not. It's best for sony. UMD to monopolize? What? the PSP's video market!!! So does that mean sony is gonna have to allow it to play VHS as well? Sintinel - Why do you warn people for being vulgar, yet you started it in this thread?

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: TheSource said: I really think Nintendo is saving Wii stock for Super Paper Mario (which btw fits Kwaad's next-gen definition because you can switch from 2D-3D at will, which has never been done before) There is a PSP game coming out that lets you do that
I believe it's called Crush and is by Sega.