By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The PS3 related turmoil amongst 360 users

Tim_Duncan said:
I didn't say only poor people buy 360.

I say when 2 consoles sell the same and one is twice as expansive as the other, OF COURSE the rich people buy more of the less cheap product. That was so difficult to figure for me -_-

Other big news : Ford sells more cars than Ferrari, but they're cheaper, and rich people buy more Ferraris than poor people.

But Rich people also buy more Fords than poor people and buy more Fords than Ferrari's.

So your point is again wrong.

Oh and for the like 360th time, wealthy households choose the Wii and 360 before the PS3.  They choose the 360 in a 2:1 over the PS3.  So I am sorry but even rich people enjoy the "cheaper" console more than the more expensive one which offers basically the same (but actually offers less when it comes to XBL unique features).

Around the Network

HH Inc Level   ($) 0-35k        35k-50k      50k-75k     75k+

Wii                      10%               19%              30%          27%

X360                   7%                  8%                21%         18%

Xbox                    8%                 16%              6%           9%

PS3                      6%                 11%              16%          8%

PS2                      20%               25%              32%         18%

Tease.

Tim_Duncan said:
@night : I don't care about personal attacks and school fights, I told you I'm 34.

I'm just explaining why there are more PS3 fans on big websites, and what they find in PS3 that they don't find in 360.

@shadow : you look butthurt too. I feel more powerful now. Just kidding.

Oh?  Can I explain why more people buy the 360 and what they find in the 360 that they don't in the PS3?  There is tons of stuff that you seem to not know about.

Also, having owned both a 360 and a PS3 I know full well that the differences are minute and the only thing that won it for the 360 for me was XBL advanced features, more games, more friends, etc.

Squilliam said:
^ Except WHEN THEY DONT! Look to the front page of the site and you will see!

You mean the fake poll that says HDDVD won ? Seriously... So your theory is tpoor people buy more 600$ PS3 and rich people buy more 300$ 360 ? That's hilarious, but every opinion is worth something I guess.

Tim_Duncan said:
@night : I don't care about personal attacks and school fights, I told you I'm 34.

I'm just explaining why there are more PS3 fans on big websites, and what they find in PS3 that they don't find in 360.

@shadow : you look butthurt too. I feel more powerful now. Just kidding.

Sorry, I mean I'm serious about that. Thats really the first time I've laughed while looking at stuff on this site.

Oh wow. I'm still smiling from that.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Stop with your stupid polls... The fact it says HDDVD wins something should tell you it's wrong. It's Us only anyway.

Plus, it doesn't make sense seriously.

Come on buy a brain :

- rich people buy more expansive products

- poor people buy more cheap products (SINCE they CAN'T afford more expansive products)

If you sell X 600$ products and X 300$ products, of course the rich will buy more relatively of the expansive products.

That's why they're rich, they have more money. 600$ is a lot for poor people

It's really funny what MS fanboys try to prove sometimes. THE EARTH IS FLAT I say !!!! ;)

Tim_Duncan said:
Stop with your stupid polls... The fact it says HDDVD wins something should tell you it's wrong. It's Us only anyway.

Come on buy a brain :

- poor people buy more cheap products (SINCE they CAN'T afford more expansive products)

If you sell X 600$ products and X 300$ products, of course the rich will buy more relatively of the expansive products.

It's really funny what MS fanboys try to prove sometimes. THE EARTH IS FLAT I say !!!! ;)

Rich people don't always buy the more expensive stuff.  If they are rich, hopefully they deserve it by being intelligent and working hard for their money.  They know value when they see it, and when you can get a $200-300 console that does everything and more than a $400 console, that obviously shows much better value.  That's why most rich people choose the 360 over the PS3.

Tim_Duncan said:

Come on buy a brain :

Rich people don't waste their time upgrading their PS3 HDD or using the browser and they certainly don't buy Blu Ray players which don't come with remotes! They also don't care that Live costs $50, they care that Live is better than PSN.

Poor people do waste their time upgrading the PS3 HDD, use the browser, they don't mind that the PS3 doesn't come with a remote, the fact that PSN is free is more important to them. WTF? Where does $600 come from? It hasn't been $600 since the ultimate desperation move for the PS3 #1 $200 cut which came like 6 months after release or thereabouts.

Tease.

Since both comparable consoles sell roughly the same, do you really think that the explanation why PS3 sells the same as 360 is because poor people buy more of the 600$ console they obviously can't afford... Poor people buy Ferrari and rich people buy Fiat ?

There is no market anywhere in the world when it works like that you know... Oh well, I feel tired now. ^^

The PS3 is NOT $600, if its $600 you're a monkey with fleas.

The PS3 is NOT a Ferrari, its more like a brown minivan or something stupid like that because it needed a desperation pricecut to sell and its 'packed full of features'.

Tease.