By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The PS3 related turmoil amongst 360 users

Tim_Duncan said:
No, my young nightsurge friend, you still didn't understand what I said :

- NO mgs4 is not in the same genre as gears... At least say splinter cell (but even then, it's quite different)...

- NO Valkyria is not Tales. Valk is an anime / action RPG, so is Folklore, Tales is traditional JRPG

- NO Banjo is no ratchet. Ratchet is an action / platformer, Banjo is a race / vehicle game...

You can do much better than that by reading my posts better.

I'm sorry but I checkmated you.  That means you can't compete anymore.

And you're wrong.  The only way they aren't in the same genres is if we go by the very specific sub genres.  Genres include Shooter, RPG, Action, Racing, etc.  FPS/TPS/Stealth are sub-genres, just as JRPG/WRPG/ARPG are.

Also on 360 that is not a shooter and adds variety:

Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Forza 3, Natal + games, Magna Carta 2, etc.

I'm sorry my young Timmothy, but it is you who still do not understand.

Around the Network

Whichever way you take it, there are still much more diverse games and more genres on PS3 (see my post above, I'm still waiting for games similar to Heavy rain, flower, wipeout, or even more team ico games, there are none).

I don't know why you all feel so butthurt and insecure, I just explain why I and so many people prefer PS3. And, by the way, why there are more Sony fans than Ms fans on main gaming sites like Neogaf or N4G (while here on this small website, MS fanboys are still a bit more numerous).

It's all about games. I swear the day MS uses every of its $ for CREATING new things like Sony does and not copying or destroying (timed exclusives, making multiplats of exclusives, who cares when you've got all the consoles ?) or marketing, I'll be there to support MS like I support Sony.

We're all gamers and I've got no Sony or MS shares (well maybe I've got both in plans, I don't even know), so really I don't care, I just explain the choice.

I could say the same to you, where's Sony answer to Fable? To a solid console RTS? Where are the RPG'S? I'm not here to make the PS3 into a bad system cause its freaking awesome. Thats the difference between me and you your attacking the 360 and trying to make into a poor mans gaming platform while I (a true gamer) can see that both offer a great lineup. Sure I'm not saying don't have a preference I'll be honest and say I like the 360 more (mostly because I'm a big shooter / RPG buff which the PS3 lacks. Just you need to realize that both offer things the other can't.

lol Tim said theres more MS fans on this site than sony fans

Wut?

and nice i like how you throw out words like butthurt. Way to seem like a clear headed unbiased gamer.

Either way I don't like fanboys for any system. Period. Thats why I'm arguing with you. You claim you aren't one and then say the things you said earlier about how only poor people buy 360's. Right.....

Fable : Folklore is very similar in many ways... RPGS : Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Demon Souls, White Knight Chronicles, Fallout 3, Oblivion, FF13 and the exclusive FF13 VS soon In quality RPG I think PS3 wins, though you can say mass effect makes up for that. (but please don't list me the poor 70 rated Square Enix RPG flops)

Around the Network
Tim_Duncan said:

We're all gamers and I've got no Sony or MS shares (well maybe I've got both in plans, I don't even know), so really I don't care, I just explain the choice.

You aren't a gamer anymore, remember?

I'm a gamer, I don't care about sales.

I thought you didn't care about sales, Tim?  Why so much discussion on hardware/software sales lately? Did you quit being a gamer?

Checkmate.

And BenVTrigger makes an oustanding point.  Please do as he suggests, Tim.

I didn't say only poor people buy 360.

I say when 2 consoles sell the same and one is twice as expansive as the other, OF COURSE the rich people buy more of the less cheap product. That was so difficult to figure for me -_-

Other big news : Ford sells more cars than Ferrari, but they're cheaper, and rich people buy more Ferraris than poor people.

^ Except WHEN THEY DONT! Look to the front page of the site and you will see!

Tease.

Tim_Duncan said:
Yeah there are many good games on 360 I never said there weren't but look at your list :

- Halo ODST : SHOOTER

- Halo Reach : SHOOTER

- Gears : SHOOTER

- Mass Effect 2 : RPG / SHOOTER

- Left 4 dead 2 : SHOOTER

see what I mean ? It lacks genres. The examples I gave are from different genres, where there's no competitor on 360 (crackdown 2 ok for infamous, but otherwise... lack of variety)

Hahaha, oh my god please just...LMAO

This is one of the first posts I have EVER LMAO in real life about. Well done, my good man. This argument is as correct as the PS3 has no games, the Wii will fail, and Jupiter will one day crash in to the sun.

Well, I feel the need to retort your comment with a comic of my reaction.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

@night : I don't care about personal attacks and school fights, I told you I'm 34.

I'm just explaining why there are more PS3 fans on big websites, and what they find in PS3 that they don't find in 360.

@shadow : you look butthurt too. I feel more powerful now. Just kidding.