By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie asks fans about what third party they should partner with next

John Riccitiello (EA CEO) asks Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime: "Why did you show the development community the video of your presentation but the press the live presentation? What were your considerations?"

(Game developers were not in Club Nokia to check out the E3 presentation. They watched via live-stream at the Nokia Theater)

Reggie Fils-Aime responds: "Let me give a little bit of background. As we were prepping for this year's E3 and had the objective of a venue close by, to be convenient for all of the attendees, the options were quite limited. In the end, we chose Club Nokia with the expectation that a house of about 1200 people would be appropriate. Unfortunately, between the media, business partners and guests from around the world, our total invite acceptances ended up being over 3000. So that's what created the challenge of finding a second venue in very short order, which is why we did that supplemental experience in the Theater. So, we made a tough business decision that it was most important for the media to see it live, and we also made a decision that we would not make hierarchical decisions as to whether any business partners should view it in the Club.

Said another way, I would have loved to have John in the Club. I would have loved to have had [Activision Blizzard chairman] Bobby [Kotick] in the Club. I would love to have [Activision Blizzard CEO] Mike [Griffiths] in the Club. Where do I draw the line? So we made the business decision to have all of our retailers, all of our other business partners, all of our publishers in Nokia Theatre."

Now that Reggie cleared up that situation, he moves onto asking a question to all Nintendo fans.

"In the same vein of Team Ninja working with Nintendo to re-imagine Metroid, what development group would your readers love to see partner and collaborate with Nintendo? And on what franchise?"

Source:http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=86487

Nintendo+Team Ninja:

Around the Network

Sid Meyer's (Civilization) group with Battalion Wars

They should bring in Sega(whichever group worked on F-Zero GX) to make a F-Zero Wii. If they're not making one themselves, that is, but I'm assuming that they aren't.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
They should bring in Sega(whichever group worked on F-Zero GX) to make a F-Zero Wii. If they're not making one themselves, that is, but I'm assuming that they aren't.

You're talking about Amusement Vision - who recently made Yakuza 3 also. And I totally agree with your statement. I LOVE F-Zero GX.

Level 5/Game Freak. Third 3D Pokemon RPG.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Re-partner with Treasure to make another Wario World :P

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Disney for Kingdom Hearts: Nintendo Edition

Xen said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

You're talking about Amusement Vision - who recently made Yakuza 3 also. And I totally agree with your statement. I LOVE F-Zero GX.

Ah, thanks. Amusement Vision, eh? They're awesome, then.

NCSoft or Blizzard - Pokemon MMO

Gamerace said:
NCSoft or Blizzard - Pokemon MMO

2 words: FUCK NO..

Pixel Art can be fun.