By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Activision threatens to "stop supporting" Sony consoles.

You know what? Sell Infinity Ward to somebody else, and you can do whatever the hell you want with the rest of your shovelware and casual crap.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
You know what? Sell Infinity Ward to somebody else, and you can do whatever the hell you want with the rest of your shovelware and casual crap.

But but but what will i do without the GH spinnoffs!?

I don't get why vivindi went along with merging with these guys lol.. I just hope they wont start affecting blizzards products.

Check out my game about moles ^

I think Activision had did a great move!

antfromtashkent said:
Kantor said:

You can buy Rock Band spinoffs :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Basically, you're going to see a gap between Japanese and Western gaming begin to occur. Because, Activision might not support Sony but as a result of the sales boost that the PS3 is going to get in Japan from games like the Final Fantasies and other games that the Japanese like, the PS3 will still finish up with sales in excess of 8 million units in Japan this gen while the 360 won't break 2 million there.

Sony has responded:

Sony Europe has since commented: “We respect our third-parties’ opinions and their right to express those opinions but we will not be commenting on this story."

Meanwhile, Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter also chipped in, accusing Kotick of 'bluffing.' “Of course Bobby’s bluffing, and good for him,” he said in a phone interview.

“I think Bobby’s obviously interested in Sony selling as many PS3s as they possibly can, and he’s not happy with their penetration so far. I think he favours a price cut, and would rather see one sooner than later.”

source:

http://www.psu.com/%5BUPDATE%5D-Activision-might-have-to-stop-supporting-Sony-News--a007604-p0.php

-----------------------------------------------------------

lol. I don't think they're happy about it. But their response is really the only one you could expect.

Also lol at pachter for hurrying to comment :p

Check out my game about moles ^

kanariya said:
Gh0st4lifE said:
kanariya said:

Huh? If they really do so, the only game I'll miss is the Infinity Ward CODs. But I can live without it.

And I don't see the momentum is losing. All 3 consoles are losing momentum is this low season and bad economy.

Not really. 360 and Wii are doing fine.

So is the PS3.

Selling around 10k less a week than the X360 with twice the price.

Thats not what momentum means.  The 360 is selling about 20% MORE this year than last year.  The PS3 is selling about 15% LESS than it was last year.  PS3 is losing momentum, 360 is gaining momentum.

And so it starts

Zlejedi said:
antfromtashkent said:
Kantor said:

You can buy Rock Band spinoffs :D

oh that right... there is a better franchise out there.... :P