By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo3 in September!

Come digg the news article. http://www.vgcharts.org/news/news.php?id=180 (and read it)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Good way to clear out inefficiently manufactured 360's before a price drop methinks in early 2008.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

haha I didnt think of that. :P

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

TheSource said: Good way to clear out inefficiently manufactured 360's before a price drop methinks in early 2008.
I think the 360 is going to see a price cut this year. With Halo launching in September, I wouldn't be surprised if MS dropped the price at Halo 3 launch. I could see them doing some sort of Halo bundle. Given the quality of software hitting 360 this holiday season, a price drop around September could spur some insane 360 sales.

TheSource said: Good way to clear out inefficiently manufactured 360's before a price drop methinks in early 2008.
I see this happening, this will most likely price drop on Oct. 1 and give Halo 3 a month to get out most of the old systems.

Around the Network

Personally, I think Microsoft would drop the XBox 360's price in September at the latest ... If Sony's numbers remain as low as they were in February in March third party developers will start to demand that Sony does "something" ... The likely "Something" would be a price drop and relaunch in May which would probably spur Microsoft to drop the price of the XBox 360 ...

Is this confirmed? I know Mass Effect was rumored for May 18th, but that just got pushed back. If so I'm very surprised the Bungie team for once made a date they thought they would.

I think it would be stupid to bundle Halo with the system...because (a) it's a guaranteed system seller anyway, why cut prices, and (b) it'd probably make existing 360 owners feel like they're not getting as good of a deal.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )