By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHEN did you give up on Sony

I gave up on Sony when Samsung provided the same quality for a better price.

Oh you mean console wise, when Sony discontinued backwards capability on the PS3.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
@ Aiemond )

I guess my main problem with this copy-thread is, that everyone can tell by your sig and your avatar, that you didn't start out with Sony consoles.

That's the point. This is not serious thread. No serious cat.

COD3 should have tipped off too :P

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Sony sucks. They used to synonymous with quality. But after having optics die in 2 of the last 3 sony products I own, I no longer trust them. Plus, other electronics companies are now offering better values at equal quality. My home will no longer be a Sony home after my next upgrade cycle.

On the other hand PS3 is my HD system of choice and will remain so as long as it doesn't die on me. (knock on wood). I really enjoy the PS3 soooo....

Give up on Sony as a company - 2007
Give up on PS3 - never (I hope)

i havent give up on them, but am really mad at them for making an endless chain of stupid decissions, from the US$599.99 of the ps3 to the US$249.99 of the PSP GO, and acting like they dont need third parties when third parties pressure for a price drop when third party support is jeopardiced by the small user based cuased by the Hi price

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

I never gave up on Sony...and i hope that i never will.

This hand of mine is burning red. It's loud cry is telling me to grasp victory.....SEKIHA TENKYOKEN!!!

Around the Network

i actually joined at the ps2 era.

so never left it

Crazymann said:
Sony sucks. They used to synonymous with quality. But after having optics die in 2 of the last 3 sony products I own, I no longer trust them. Plus, other electronics companies are now offering better values at equal quality. My home will no longer be a Sony home after my next upgrade cycle.

On the other hand PS3 is my HD system of choice and will remain so as long as it doesn't die on me. (knock on wood). I really enjoy the PS3 soooo....

thats something that happening to all brands, from toshiba to acer.

i don't know whats wrong with 2007+ DVD and blu ray optics they are prone to die =(.

never.
i have a lot of good time with my ps3....

but i throw away my xbox360... i hope it's fine as well.

PLAYSTATION®3

Xoj said:
Crazymann said:

thats something that happening to all brands, from toshiba to acer.

i don't know whats wrong with 2007+ DVD and blu ray optics they are prone to die =(.

2007? The original PS2 had disc read errors on par with the RROD and it lauched in 2000.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

leaving sony no way. ace games out this year with many more to follow and tremendous lineup for 2010. not to mention bluray with free netplay and free vidzone.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...