By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Price Cut

OK the Wii has been on sale for two and a half years so far and still retains a $249 Price tag

Now that Wii supply has surpassed demand and Wii sales are droping in Comparisson to Xbox360 and PS3 does anybofy think they need a price cut

PS: I think if Nintendoe lowers the price to $199 it will easily go on to surpass PS360 sales.

PSWii

Around the Network

didn't they have a price rise in the UK?

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Ya sales would increase, but who cares?? they have dominated sales already. I suspect they would rather make more money than appease fans who want the wii>ps360.

Reggie snubbed a pricecut a while back... plus, Nintendo dont need to cut the price... they just need to introduce colours.

Step 1) Release the black Wii that just got announced for Japan
Step 2) Bring that to the rest of the world
Step 3) Release red, blue and pink Wiis worldwide
Step 4) Bundles or price cuts

Price cuts are a fair way off still. And with the killer lineup for the rest of they year, I imagine the Wii will surpass the PS360 in sales easily

Around the Network

They don't really need a price cut. They just need more games, that make us want to buy the Wii. If I ever and I mean EVER buy the Wii, it will probably be for the new Zelda, Crystal Bearers, and FF IV The After Years.

you mean that it hasn't gotten 50% yet? cuz I really don't get what you mean.

So now that it's only outselling the PS2's best sales year a little instead of a lot it needs a price cut?

Good luck getting shareholders to see the logic in that.

Besides as noted, they have lots of options before a price cut. Black/Pink Wiis alone would help as will Wii Sports Resort (WM+), NSMB-Wii and Wii Fit Plus

Given the exchange rate changes, not changing the price in the European continental (non UK) and American markets has been the equivalent of a price cut for Nintendo.

Still, if the Xbox drops its models any lower, I would think Nintendo may have to react.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Well, I'm thinking of getting a Wii one of these days. If they're going to do it, I hope they announce something soon because I don't want to pay $250.00 and have it drop down to $200.00 three months later. I also wish they would drop DSi down to $150.00 or DS Lite down to $99.99. With only $30.00 difference between the two now, it makes it hard to know what to do on a tight budget.

A $99.99 DS Lite would probably be what I would like to see them do first. I would much rather buy one at that price new from a store with a year warranty from Nintendo than at that price from an ebay merchant.