By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

Jereel Hunter said:
Munkeh111 said:
drpunk said:
Munkeh111 said:

Just out of interest, for the major choices did you chose based on your alignment or what you truly wanted, I mean the big things like

Geth
What to do with the collector station
Samara/Morinth

And other bits and bobs. I find that I am having to mix and match, because any time Thane is involved I have to be nice, which goes against the style in my renegade playthrough, but with the real big choices, I just want to see the 2 different outcomes

I understand the first two big choices, but what's the 3rd one you mention about?

In Samaras loyalty mission, you can kill Samara or Morinth, I know it is not a big choice, but it is a paragon/renegade choice nonetheless

You can kill Samara?? That seems like a big choice to me...

As for your first question... my first playthrough I continue'd my renegade from ME1, and chose mostly renegade, but I often went with my feelings over the renegade route. (I tend towards saving/helping people when possible)  I kinda regretted that, as I chose the +70 paragon/renegade bonus option skill, instead of th +100%, and it prevented me from maxing them out, so I lost 1 person's loyalty before the final mission.

Morinth is basically the same... I just found Samara a little annoying, but Morinth has very similar skills, just if you try to seduce her, you start making out and then die... I haven't done it myself, only seen it on youtube

Yeah, I am struggling to be properly renegade, I always feel a little started when Shepherd starts shouting at everyone. I don't think I'll quite max out my renegade status either... but as their is no achievement I don't mind!

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

In Samaras loyalty mission, you can kill Samara or Morinth, I know it is not a big choice, but it is a paragon/renegade choice nonetheless

Ooooo. I didn't know that.

SPOILER SPOILER WAAAAAH WAAAAAAH  

I did a playthrough trying to be as renegade as possible. There were a couple of times it gave me paragon points and I didn't know why and a couple of times that there didn't seem any way not to get paragon points.

I wasn't quite maxed out by the end. Seems very difficult to get 100% either way. I'm guessing that's why there's no achievement for it.

drpunk said:
Munkeh111 said:

Ooooo. I didn't know that.

SPOILER SPOILER WAAAAAH WAAAAAAH  

I did a playthrough trying to be as renegade as possible. There were a couple of times it gave me paragon points and I didn't know why and a couple of times that there didn't seem any way not to get paragon points.

I wasn't quite maxed out by the end. Seems very difficult to get 100% either way. I'm guessing that's why there's no achievement for it.

I managed 100% paragon quite easly as a paragon, the points do often seem a little inexplicable

completed this yesterday! took it really slow did everything and done it just under 60 hrs! felt like 5 mins it was SO amazing!

story amazing, crew is amazing! gonna crack on with bioshock now then come back to it for the second time

Munkeh111 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
Munkeh111 said:
drpunk said:
Munkeh111 said:

Just out of interest, for the major choices did you chose based on your alignment or what you truly wanted, I mean the big things like

Geth
Samara/Morinth

And other bits and bobs. I find that I am having to mix and match, because any time Thane is involved I have to be nice, which goes against the style in my renegade playthrough, but with the real big choices, I just want to see the 2 different outcomes

I understand the first two big choices, but what's the 3rd one you mention about?

As for your first question... my first playthrough I continue'd my renegade from ME1, and chose mostly renegade, but I often went with my feelings over the renegade route. (I tend towards saving/helping people when possible)  I kinda regretted that, as I chose the +70 paragon/renegade bonus option skill, instead of th +100%, and it prevented me from maxing them out, so I lost 1 person's loyalty before the final mission.

Morinth is basically the same... I just found Samara a little annoying, but Morinth has very similar skills, just if you try to seduce her, you start making out and then die... I haven't done it myself, only seen it on youtube

Yeah, I am struggling to be properly renegade, I always feel a little started when Shepherd starts shouting at everyone. I don't think I'll quite max out my renegade status either... but as their is no achievement I don't mind!

I did not realize that... I definately want to unlock dominate though, it sounds awesome. I wish I knew this before I started my second playthrough...

Around the Network
Jereel Hunter said:
Munkeh111 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
Munkeh111 said:
drpunk said:
Munkeh111 said:

Geth
Samara/Morinth

I did not realize that... I definately want to unlock dominate though, it sounds awesome. I wish I knew this before I started my second playthrough...

I never actually used either of them in battle... I think it was because she was the 2nd last character I unlocked, both times. I had to get Thane first, and then I started doing loyalty missions, so I barely had any missions, and by that time I had decided on Grunt and Thane (though this time I am using Legion and Thane)

@ wandamaximoff, how did you take 60 hours? I took 28 hours and I thought I was very thorough on all the main missions and loyalty missions. Did you spend 30 hours on side quests?

Wandamaximoff said:
completed this yesterday! took it really slow did everything and done it just under 60 hrs! felt like 5 mins it was SO amazing!

story amazing, crew is amazing! gonna crack on with bioshock now then come back to it for the second time

I put it to one side to play Bioshock. Almost finished that and only need the weapons upgrade for the single player achievement. Once thats done its back to ME2.

Wandamaximoff said:

I think you are smoking something if you think the story is amazing. Mostly because there was no story at all for it to be amazing to begin with.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I play as a nastier, tougher person than in real life obviously but usually end up with
high Paragon. Renegade requires a lot more effort and thought on my part.

I think you need serious Renegade pts. to even get the S/M (note caps) option above.

Maybe I'm rusty but Insanity seemed apt. Felt kinda masochistic. I took hours to get
through the disabled collector ship. Finally ditched barrier for reave. Vanguard seemed
gimped to me and I just could not beat the 'big' boss till I switched from Grunt/Thane
to Samara/Miranda. Thank you m'ams.

vlad321 said:
Wandamaximoff said:

I think you are smoking something if you think the story is amazing. Mostly because there was no story at all for it to be amazing to begin with.

The story isn't amazing, but the individual bits of story and quite interesting if you get what I am saying... And the characters are interesting

@ recon101, insanity becomes easy after that, I have only died a few times since then, and I am about to go through the Omega relay, and I wouldn't describe myself as god like at these games