By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

I installed to the hdd and the load times aren't bad at all.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Darc Requiem said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
So.

Did anyone choose Morinth over Samara? I wanted to but my renegade level wasn't high enough. I'll be playing paragon next time so I guess I won't get to see the outcome.

Does it change the game in any significant way?

Morinth has differently loyalty power instead of Reave which Samara gets. I think it's called Dominate or something like that. Morinth, unlike Samara, can be romanced. However if you do have sex with Morinth, Shepard dies and it's game over.

I hope that answers your question OkeyDokey.

O_O

Well you did get her back story about what she is from Samara right? You can't be too surprised. Besides, Renegade or no. Allowing a serial killer that has 600 years of life left is just plain evil. I don't consider the Renegade option evil just less diplomatic. Allowing Morinth to live is just plain wrong.

No I'm surprised, knowing her condition, that you can romance her. And the result.

The load times suck since I die alot. But I would rather deal with those than the tech issues from ME1. But this game does freeze alot too which kinda blows. But the auto-save kinda helps with that.

btw how does this game let you level up?

You gain experience from completing missions/quests. 1000 exp gives you a level. Missions usually give between 100 and 1000 exp, depending on importance and length. When you gain a level you are given 'squad points' that goes toward improving your abilities. Each ability costs 1 squad point to activate, and then 2, 3 and 4 points to level up. Maximizing an ablility then costs 1+2+3+4 = 8 points. At first you gain 2 squad points per level, but after a certain level that goes down to 1. That's basically it.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

Your XP is based on the following:

40 XP for a small side-quest (e.g. returning an item to someone)
125 XP for a side-quest on an optional world (e.g. finding a random anomaly on a planet)
200 XP for the Normandy DLC quest (up to 200)
750 XP for a loyalty side-mission
1000 XP for a main story mission

Hopefully that explains how XP is distributed. As stated, its fixed at 1000XP per level.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Anyone elses game been freezing? It isn't all that often but it is happening quite a bit.

Wagram said:
Anyone elses game been freezing? It isn't all that often but it is happening quite a bit.

I have had only one slight freeze up (xbox 360 version). Otherwise, the game has played fine. This was at the end of a long session.

For me the 2nd Disk has been freezing quite a bit. The auto-save helps but it does get annoying after awhile.

I only had the game freeze on me once. The first time I booted it up. I did have one other issue. I choose to stay behind on a mission to look around the room before I left and hitting B didn't end the mission.