By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ok, you play only with consoles and not on Pc as well??

I really was suprised finding many gamers that only play with consoles..

Heck I have been playing with Pc and consoles all my life..

So why get pc if you ain't gonna play with it?

I would have missed age of empires,bioshock,Gears of war, css and many others that can't be played with my consoles..

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

PC's aren't just gaming machines so the question why get a PC if you don't use it for gaming isn't really that great of a question...

Also, I really don't care to deal with the upkeep on PC's (making sure video drivers and ram and all that stuff is current enough). I don't like making sure everything is always up to date. I don't like dealing with DRM. I don't like dealing with one of a thousand issues that can come up while installing. PC's versions don't go through any certification process like consoles games do. The list goes on.

I use to be a huge PC gamer back in the mid to late 90's but it's just too complicated now.

I always play PC games.

Diablo and Diablo 2 are the best game's I have ever played in my entire life, both for PC.

Console's are about shooters, and PC games are about the MMORPGS.

The reason people get a PC is to use the internet

mM

I have a decent Gaming laptop as well I've enjoyed games like Psychonauts,World of Goo fucking love that game!!!!,Grim fandango and so on...

Around the Network

I hate playing PC games, except for old games. Basically what Twesterm said--I don't appreciate having to buy a new $100 graphics card or whatever every three months to play the new game as it was meant to be played. Even when you have everything perfect, there's bound to be some kind of annoying bug on your computer that crashes the game, or some alert that minimizes the game at a pivotal moment, etc.

Also, I don't like having to deal with an entire keyboard when trying to memorize controls.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Playing PC games is not as comfortable as with consoles. I like to sit far away from my TV and play. With PC you are bound to the desk and I know there's wireless keyboards and mouse but even that is just way uncomfortable.

Also, I just need the computer to get on th e internet, send emails, and use word documents. A $300 dollar PC can do that, but I assure you it won't play Bioshock

What are you looking at, nerd?

I love PC games especially RTSs but when you have a shitty PC you can't do anything.

I hate how PC parts are way overpriced now and don't give that much better experience like they used in previous gens. PS3 & 360 now have everything PC has in the past. The only difference is a minimal graphical upgrade for almost triple the price in PCs case. Some day I'll buy a good enough PC and play my beloved Total War.

I grew up on PC games so I'm new to console gaming,

But I found out there's nothing like lounging playing console games...

Imagine in this post I quoted twesterm and then said: "this"

followed by: "minus the "used to be a PC gamer in the 90s" bit though, as I am more of a PC gamer now than I ever have been, yet I still only play the odd flash game, and have GTA on PC too."