By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ok, you play only with consoles and not on Pc as well??

thekitchensink said:
I hate playing PC games, except for old games. Basically what Twesterm said--I don't appreciate having to buy a new $100 graphics card or whatever every three months to play the new game as it was meant to be played. Even when you have everything perfect, there's bound to be some kind of annoying bug on your computer that crashes the game, or some alert that minimizes the game at a pivotal moment, etc.

Also, I don't like having to deal with an entire keyboard when trying to memorize controls.

You're ignorant if you actually believe you need to upgrade your GPU every 3 months...lol. The vast majority of PC gamers don't even upgrade their computers, especially in this day and age where PCs are so powerful and games have so low requirements that many people believe PC gaming can be much cheaper than console gaming.

PCs are easier to use than ever, and services like Steam makes everything so much more accessible. Consoles on the other hand, are becoming more and more complicated.

Around the Network
StanGable said:
Playing PC games is not as comfortable as with consoles. I like to sit far away from my TV and play. With PC you are bound to the desk and I know there's wireless keyboards and mouse but even that is just way uncomfortable.

Also, I just need the computer to get on th e internet, send emails, and use word documents. A $300 dollar PC can do that, but I assure you it won't play Bioshock

You can plug your PC into your TV, enough said. You can also play your PC games with a gamepad. So your entire argument is wrong.

Oh and a $300 PC can play Bioshock...

TheThunder said:
I love PC games especially RTSs but when you have a shitty PC you can't do anything.

I hate how PC parts are way overpriced now and don't give that much better experience like they used in previous gens. PS3 & 360 now have everything PC has in the past. The only difference is a minimal graphical upgrade for almost triple the price in PCs case. Some day I'll buy a good enough PC and play my beloved Total War.

I love Console games especially Fighting games (huhh wait I can play them on my PC now) but then you have a shitty console you can't do anything.

I hate how Console games are way overpriced now and always give a worse experience than it's PC counterparts. PC now has 90% of all PS360 games, while PS360 don't even have half of PC games released this gen. The biggest difference Consoles don't even allow mods and online multiplayer is always gimped compared to PC. Someday I'll buy a good enough Console and play my beloved Street Fighter, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry huhhhhh there's nothing I want there anymore.

In pc i play mainly fps like crisis, far cry 2 , half life episodes, prey,... because the mouse is much more accurate than a gamepad. Other games i prefer to play on ps3; the dualshock is by far the best gamepad ever maybe. i have a logitech dual action for pc but don´t like it too much.

70 % ps3 30% pc

Dark_Rulez89 said:
I have a decent Gaming laptop as well I've enjoyed games like Psychonauts,World of Goo fucking love that game!!!!,Grim fandango and so on...

It's really not that hard. Take CoD4: PC's controls have the same amount of functions (+ leaning), just mapped to a keyboard. It's not like you have to stretch to reach G while holding WASD.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

PC's aren't just gaming machines so the question why get a PC if you don't use it for gaming isn't really that great of a question...

Also, I really don't care to deal with the upkeep on PC's (making sure video drivers and ram and all that stuff is current enough). I don't like making sure everything is always up to date. I don't like dealing with DRM. I don't like dealing with one of a thousand issues that can come up while installing. PC's versions don't go through any certification process like consoles games do. The list goes on.

I use to be a huge PC gamer back in the mid to late 90's but it's just too complicated now.

Agree. 

looool shio don't tell me Crysis 2 announcement hurts you that bad.

I pretty much consider my pc as an xbox 360 minus halo 3. Every major 360 game that i've wanted has ended up as pc at one point, so the incentive to get a 360 has diminished. I use a 360 gamepad as well.

I have my ps3 mainly for the games that will never see the light of day on a pc.

I grew up playing the NES and it just feels better on a console to me. I have tried a couple computer games. It just is not the same.

what do you mean why get PC's if your not going to play on it

ergh, maybe for my homework, essays, internet?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey