By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prototype: PS3 vs 360 images

http://www3.telus.net/public/dhwag/PrototypePS3.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/public/dhwag/Prototype360.jpg

Around the Network

Despite these performance difference, the PS3 does have a one-up on both the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game. Surprisingly all debris on the ground is individually shadow-mapped in the PS3 game. This provides more depth for ground textures and creates a very impressive image for an open-world game.

You'll find that both the Xbox 360 and PC (even when graphical effects are set to Very High) games look flat in comparison. You can find comparison images below, which can be enlarged if you click on them.

the ss on the top has better ground texture (more stones) and has a extra man all the way on the left, ill assume that is the ps3 ver?

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Wow there's such a huge difference in between these 2 images >_>

Whats the point of posting two of the exact same pics(save for the extra guy on the top pic)?.....lol

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

where is waldo ?

The PS3 version is a little blurry... :(

interesting comparison. surprised the ps3 version looks better

Boutros said:

The PS3 version is a little blurry... :(

I dont see a single blur in that Screenshot aside from the moving guy at the bottom, but thats on the 360 screen as well.

Only difference is the Ground Texture is MUCH better on PS3 and there are more people.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

The top image has better ground textures.

And some random dude.