By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario World is the BEST Platformer EVER! New Super Mario World WANTED

Everything from Flying mario, different coloured yoshi's, special star levels......it was a real adventure & the best Mario game EVER!

It was my first mario game back when I was 4 years old, today when I played NSMB on the DS....I just said to myself "how stupid of them, why not make a new super mario world instead"!!

from that forest with those black bubbles & the cool caterpillar that goes red to the cloud railway thing

argh why did I sell my SNES!!

So much variety in enemies......no platformer has that!

Do you all agree with this?

Will Nintendo ever make a New Super Mario World!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Yes, Super Mario World is the best platformer of all time. But Nintendo doesn't like to look back, so I doubt they will ever revisit the game.

Im just glad they are making another 2-d mario. I LIKE the 3D versions, but I still like the 2-D better, and I dont have NSMB as the DS is the only current platform I don't own....

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

@chrizum

ofcourse nintendo likes to look back

thats why we have NSMB Wi & NSMB DS

but I dunno, I find NSMB dull

While Super Mario World.....its world + everything really really cool!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

Around the Network

While Super Mario World is lots of fun, it has it's flaws. We'll never see the cape again due to how broken the item was. Just grab a cape and fly and beat any stage (for the most part) Blue Yoshi was pretty much the same deal. Not only that, but you can get to bowser in 11 levels. Granted a lot of that info wouldn't be known to someone new to the game, it is quite easy to figure out once you complete the game 100%. I beat the game way too much and I love it, but in no way want another version of it. I'd rather have a brand new 2D mario, which is what they are giving me

I believe the Wii New Super Mario Bros has yoshi in it, and Galaxy 2 definitely has multiple color yoshis. There is a good chance that NSMBWii will have multiple colored yoshis too.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I agree with you. I think it was an awesome and outstanding game. I have had countless hours of fun beating it.

I think that was a stupid move on your part to sell your SNES. Thankfully after 17 years mine still works. I love that sucker like it was one of my kids.

I would actually like to see NSMBWii have aspects of World in it. That would be totally awesome and make my dream come true. If anything have the worlds set up like either SMB3 or World would make me happy.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Yes, absolutely the best Mario game, but I have DKC2 ranked 1 place higher, so for me SMW is the second best 2D platformer of all times.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Super mario world is way better than super mario bros 3. I actually bought it twice for the GBA.
I lost it So i bought anthor one. Now I got it for VC Play it on the big screen!

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

YES! Best platformer ever, nothing even comes close! Easily in my top 10 games of all time.