By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Informal poll: Do the PS3 fans suck or do they blow?

I was just curious about whether people thought the fans inside the PS3 sucked air or blew air. Personally I believe that the PS3 fans blow because they blow air onto the heatsink. But since im only one person I wanted to see what you guys thought of the whole thing.

Tease.

Around the Network

I vacuum my PS3 if that helps answer your question.

But I find that some of them blow by the action of the sucking, so who knows?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

PS3 fans suck- always overpredicting and overhyping, and bringing up quality in sales arguments

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

LMAO!! Thank you for making the start of my day so funny...

OT.. suck? I heard about a dust problem... so I guess suck..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I was under the impression that it was necessary for all humans to both inhale and exhale in order to survive.

Around the Network

the PS3 fan sucks in air from the front and then blows the cooler air through the heatsink which then gets blown out the back of the PS3...all while i play games and get a head.

Destroyer_of_knights said:
the PS3 fan sucks in air from the front and then blows the cooler air through the heatsink which then gets blown out the back of the PS3...all while i play games and get a head.

You should just keep your head with you- having to go to your room and get it while playing a game is very inconvenient.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

They suck... no doubt about that.

Kantor said:
PS3 fans suck- always overpredicting and overhyping, and bringing up quality in sales arguments

I've heard they are good at blowing too. Noone complains of an overheating PS3!

Tease.

Kantor said:
Destroyer_of_knights said:

You should just keep your head with you- having to go to your room and get it while playing a game is very inconvenient.

can't realy move to much when getting a head, don't think the misses want's to be crawling  on the cold tiles during this cold season.