By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Malware + Spyware + poorly coded background links = VGChartz

I am really surprised with some of these reactions. Its the same mentality of," its ok to do meth because everyone else is doing it". other sites might be doing this too, but vgchartz should be better then this

and ssj = so my daughter is on drugs, instead of addressing the problem you know we could put her up for adoption

docholliday = its ok for someone with VD to go around having sex with everyone possible without saying a word because you know, you can get free condoms from the health clinic

Around the Network

Spoken like a professional, ssj.

Now that we know that your opinion on anti-virus/malware programs is the only one that counts, please try at least to spell Kaspersky correctly and stop telling members how little they know compared to you.

Now can please someone comment on the issue reported by the TC in a more subtle way (I don´t have a clue if the TC is correct with his claim, but I´m curious)?

All I have to protect myself is Norton (that has expired) Will I get viruses?

I LOVE ICELAND!

everything is connects to is for advertising purposes, nothing harmful is loaded onto your machine.

ssj12 said:
Incandescence said:
This website isn't ran or coded by professionals. Expect lots of holes. The abysmal quality of the writing in nearly every news article and the onslaught of dangerous advertisements speaks for itself.

You know if you have an issue with the site you can leave right? nothing is stopping you from leaving this community and "unprofessional" site.

@dgm - this message is also for you.

I like this website; I was just expressing my opinion and giving what I viewed as a valid explanation for the OP's problems, thank you very much.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Around the Network

I browse the site all the time, and I usually do weekly computer inspections. And I never get anything. I also use IE btw.

dgm6780 said:
I am really surprised with some of these reactions. Its the same mentality of," its ok to do meth because everyone else is doing it". other sites might be doing this too, but vgchartz should be better then this

and ssj = so my daughter is on drugs, instead of addressing the problem you know we could put her up for adoption

docholliday = its ok for someone with VD to go around having sex with everyone possible without saying a word because you know, you can get free condoms from the health clinic

Hey, your claims could very well be valid. But your methods will prove to be unproductive. Instead of just attacking the site itself and waiting for action to be taken, help your fellow members out. Its better to be proactive and protect yourself than wait for someone else to do it for you. It will not only help ppl while on this site but anywhere else on the web as well. Your gonna run across these issues at somepoint if your not protected, its a given. You cant save the internet from the bad guys, but individuals can take action to protect themselves.

dgm6780 said:

Im not getting any of this, Im using a plugin for Firefox that... does things to ads, and besides that I keep my computer clean. There are malewares and spyware that once on your computer hijack ads in sites, especially poorly coded ones to connect you to other sites with more maleware and spyware to load you up with.

Of course, Im sure I'll be called naive and an idiot, so I dont know why I posted. As it is, not everyone is having the problems you are having, which means its not the site, but the computers of the people with the issue. Simple process of elimination.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Mcafee + Norton + Adaware have all id'ed this site as linking to known malware spreaders.

That is 100% FACT

dgm6780 said:
Mcafee + Norton + Adaware have all id'ed this site as linking to known malware spreaders.

That is 100% FACT

I have Norton and it hasn't notified me of anything.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video