By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The rumors were true: Nintendo games can now play themselves!

""i hope it's use is limited, because it won't be good to use it for the whole game!?""

Again u do not need to use it. Why would u care?

You guys act as if "there isnt a choice"

Around the Network

I can just imagine the Nintendo game, you load it up and once it's up and running your get asked on screen "do you want to win yes/no?" if you choose yes, the game plays it's self to the very end, if no then your given the controls so that you can play, but as soon as you die you get asked the same question again and so forth...this of course would be the worse implementation, but also the most obvious way to get these casual casuals the best option for them to win with out frustration and challenge...o.0

This is old news.

I got a three star ranking and a 9999VR in Mario Kart Wii by letting the game play itself. It's well known that all Wii owners are casuals that can't play.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

They could increase the difficulty of the game as close as SMB Lost Levels! Although impossible, that would be awesome!

This is can be compared to a person, who's not good at video games, giving you the controller to finish the level. But for this system, they will eventually have to complete this one for themselves.

Besides, even if they used this system completely to beat the game, what can they hope to achieve from beating it? It won't be the satisfaction of beating it and it won't be for the story. It certainly won't be for the secrets.

I admit that this is a double-edge sword so we will have to play it ourselves and see how it's implemented =)

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees

I kinda don't like this but it is not as bad as some may think. I remember almost all my past sega genesis and nintendo games had these godlike cheat codes where you can choose any level and other options.

This is almost like that but you don't need codes and choose what you want from a menu.

Around the Network
Endz said:

I kinda don't like this but it is not as bad as some may think. I remember almost all my past sega genesis and nintendo games had these godlike cheat codes where you can choose any level and other options.

This is almost like that but you don't need codes and choose what you want from a menu.

but even with cheat codes enabled, or stages skipped, you as the player still played the game or what ever stages you want, the cheats didn't take control from you and play the game it's self just like this new patented tech from nintnedo does, and it's a tech which is going to be put into Nintendo's future games.

This is a good thing if you don't see why it is it's your own problem.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Destroyer_of_knights said:
Endz said:

but even with cheat codes enabled, or stages skipped, you as the player still played the game or what ever stages you want, the cheats didn't take control from you and play the game it's self just like this new patented tech from nintnedo does, and it's a tech which is going to be put into Nintendo's future games.

Geez, the way you describe it, you'd think the feature was enabled by default and the user didn't actually have the power — the control, if you will — to turn it off and on.

The end is nigh! Nintendo has killed gaming and replaced it with computer demos which play themselves!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Sounds interesting, but really what ever happened to 'easy, medium, hard, insane'?

Also, while this solution sounds elegant, in most cases difficulty spikes are the result of a balance issue with the game design, and I'd hope that identifying and removing these during testing would remain a focus also (i.e. the problem with this solution is in some ways it covers for game design errors).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

No one will kill you if you don't use this new tech. And Miyamoto didn't say that it will finish the game for you, he just said that you can pause the game, see how to pass a point and then do it for yourself! It's another time that all people are shitting Ninty just because of innovactions: this can be a great thing, like someone has just said in this way they can make games more difficult, because for the core people it's the best and the casual people has this feature to complete the game.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)