By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is the best looking exclusive racer?

GT5

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
NightstrikerX said:

This is sorta a silly question to be asking.

Nintendo fans will argue that the art style of Mario Kart is perfect for the game. Thus it's the best looking. Sony fans will argue agaist Forza 3, primarily. Arguing system specs and all that. Microsoft will argue agaist GT. Making little comments about overall performance or whatever they've been saying.

Well, we haven't seen those kind of posts yet. Maybe ninty-fans will not argue that or maybe PS360 fans won't start pickering about minor details... maybe they will give their honest opinion. :O

Esa-Petteri said:
NightstrikerX said:

This is sorta a silly question to be asking.

Nintendo fans will argue that the art style of Mario Kart is perfect for the game. Thus it's the best looking. Sony fans will argue agaist Forza 3, primarily. Arguing system specs and all that. Microsoft will argue agaist GT. Making little comments about overall performance or whatever they've been saying.

Well, we haven't seen those kind of posts yet. Maybe ninty-fans will not argue that or maybe PS360 fans won't start pickering about minor details... maybe they will give their honest opinion. :O

Alright, I'll bite; so far we're in for a good arguement. Normally when it comes to a exclusive war the fanboys flock to... well it's easy to figure out.

Alright, I'll put my *real* vote down for MKWii. I dislike how both Forza and GT are striving towards further realism, after a certain point. When and if Photorealistic gaming becomes a reality. There will be no difference. They are both striving to achieve the same goal and maybe awhile back you could see differences in their approuch to said goal. But with the current graphical technology we have today the differences are so minimalistic it's hard to pin-point any significant differences unless your specificly looking for them.

I know for a fact when I'm playing a racing game. My eyes a directly looking at the road, and there's only so many shades of grey that can be interesting.

So I'm going to see Mario Kart wii is the best looking exclusive racer, dispite being much older than the two other games. It has that charm that seperates it and allows for a fun, virtual world to be created and enjoyed without stepping too far into the gritty boring realm of realism.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

JEDE3 said:
Youre forgetting one

WIN

Gran Turismo 5 clearly looks like the best game of the three. GT 5 graphics look like real life.

Around the Network

I like the Wii best and I also own a PS3. I don't own a 360 but I have to say Forza 3 looks best. I also think Mario Kart Wii looks really good, but that's a matter of style, not tech (although the tech isn't that bad, lightning engine is pretty decent in Mario Kart).

I don't care for driving simulations but I kind of want to play Forza 3 after seeing how gorgeus it looks.

Just from screenshots its too hard to tell, but when both games are released, GT5 will have the edge, p.s why is mario kart wii in there, looks like a ps1 game roflroflrofl

Chrizum said:
I like the Wii best and I also own a PS3. I don't own a 360 but I have to say Forza 3 looks best. I also think Mario Kart Wii looks really good, but that's a matter of style, not tech (although the tech isn't that bad, lightning engine is pretty decent in Mario Kart).

I don't care for driving simulations but I kind of want to play Forza 3 after seeing how gorgeus it looks.

most ridiculous post ever

Mod Nation Racers.

Since Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 haven't been released yet, I'll go for Mario Kart Wii. That'll change after the other games are released. Although I really don't think Mario Kart belongs in this comparison. It is a completely different kind of game!