By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Specs of Microsofts next XBox

@ hisriu, Naughty Dog showed what can be done with streaming. No installs, and no load scenes after the initial load, and Drake's Fortune is the best looking PS3 game (IMO)

Around the Network

This is stupid. You can't have this minor of an upgrade and expect really huge tangiable results in the final product. The more advanced game consoles get, the bigger the jump in hardware has to be to create a really noticeable impact.

The_God_of_War said:
Only twice as much RAM, only on par with the Cell and still uses a DVD drive. Fake!

Yes, this is very much full of fail.  One would expect the next XBox to be as much of a jump over the 360 as the 360 was over the original XBox:

* Memory, expect 8x more.  This means about 4GB of Ram (we are getting more than this on PCs now)

* Disk media, expect MAYBE a DVD player ONLY as a way to play old 360 games.  Would make sense to go for a Blu-Ray player.  Maybe the system will be digital downloads only, while play 360 games currently.  Having a way to download games to a super SD card (storage up to 2 Terabytes) would be another option to consider, along with download station.  You keep retailers happy as people can come in and pay for downloading games.  You can also have cards that enable saves to be stored.  You include 32GB storage inside, in order to handle OS updates, and so on.

* No mention AT ALL of a Natal type control.  Why would they list specs on the Next XBox and now have it include motion control?

* As much of a jump in CPU speed and horsepower for the Next XBox as the 360 had over the original XBox.

* Graphics, able to do 1080p the way we do 720p now.

Don't forget about the fact that they're making bluray disks that can hold up to 1 TB of data and plays on all Bluray players. If the Xbox Natal only uses DVD then not only will PS3 be able to compete with it- It will be ready for the Next MS system after that. Woo!

I agree that Uncharted is the best looking ps3 game and I know that this game hasn't any installation, but I am not talking about all the ps3 games, I am talking about the games that needs installation (ex: Metal Gear Solid 4, We Love Golf, etc).

Around the Network

only the gullible.. -_-

THIS IS BAD NEWS, how come this gen is almost over when this is the expensive gaming generetion ever????? uurrrgggggg

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

I think the smartest thing would be to simply include a bluray and Natal with the slim 360 and Ship for sub wii prices. That would really be a killer. No need for a spec increase when the 360 is still holding its own graphically.

I doubt this would happen. 2011, yes.2010, no.

This might actually be true. Microsoft knows that the PS3 slim is coming, so they fix their bad architecture on the 360.