By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2 headed turtle

Pennsylvania pet store puts two-headed turtle on display
By THE CANADIAN PRESS

Store manager Jay Jacoby displays a two-headed red slider turtle at Big Al's Aquarium Super center in East Norriton Pa., Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2007. The rare turtle is on display at the store. (THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Matt Rourke)

NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania pet store has bought conjoined turtle twins from a collector and plans to keep them on display.

The two-month-old turtle, known as a red-eared slider, fits on a silver dollar.

It has two heads sticking out from opposite ends of its shell, along with a pair of front feet on each side.

But there is just one set of back feet and one tail.

Jay Jacoby, manager of Big Al's Aquarium Super center in East Norristown, says the turtle is apparently healthy and the species can live 15 to 20 years.

The store would not say how much it paid.

Around the Network

This is evolution! :D

LOL.. conjoined twins.. I never thought about it happening to other species, and am just surprised that i haven't seen anything like it before

Natural History Museum in Geneva, Switzerland, on Sept. 5, his 10th birthday. The animal was named for the Roman god with two heads.

Turtles like that are actually capable of living for a long time? I was under the impression most creatures like that die very, very quickly even in captivity.

Around the Network
Galaki said:

Natural History Museum in Geneva, Switzerland, on Sept. 5, his 10th birthday. The animal was named for the Roman god with two heads.

Not everyone knows about Janus. Just say he is called Janus. Oh and for Goldeneye fans, yes Sean Bean's character (006) was named Janus.

Saw the picture of that turtle yesterday night. The angle is pretty bad and I thought the turtle had a head for an ass and wondered how it shit. Turns out it's more like a V. 2 sets of front legs 1 set of back and a pooper. Here I was hoping the one head acted like the butt :P

Galaki said:
Pennsylvania pet store puts two-headed turtle on display
By THE CANADIAN PRESS

Store manager Jay Jacoby displays a two-headed red slider turtle at Big Al's Aquarium Super center in East Norriton Pa., Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2007. The rare turtle is on display at the store. (THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Matt Rourke)

NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania pet store has bought conjoined turtle twins from a collector and plans to keep them on display.

The two-month-old turtle, known as a red-eared slider, fits on a silver dollar.

It has two heads sticking out from opposite ends of its shell, along with a pair of front feet on each side.

But there is just one set of back feet and one tail.

Jay Jacoby, manager of Big Al's Aquarium Super center in East Norristown, says the turtle is apparently healthy and the species can live 15 to 20 years.

The store would not say how much it paid.

How cute it's Rolstoppable and It'saMii up eachothers ass's

I need to take a picture about the old and dead Two heads dog...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

That turtle is the Wii of turtles. Just without the ductape.