By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guessing Super Mario Galaxy 2's Metascore

Chrizum said:
hsrob said:
Esa-Petteri said:
megaman79 said:
Higher than GTA4, to make up that dismal propaganda fueled mass deception on the videogaming public.

Galaxy is better GTA4, this is fact.

GTA4 is better than galaxy, that is a fact.

No, they are both opinions.

And that is a fact!

No, SMG was chosen as game of the year by many sites, GTA4 was not. That's a fact. FACT

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

For further evidence refer to the BAFTA's this year where SMG went up against GTA4, COD4 and other games from 07 and 08. SMG won, competing against 2 yrs worth of games.

http://www.bafta.org/awards/video-games/nominations,664,BA.html

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Who cares about those silly awards? Some people love Galaxy some people don't.

It IS a quality game of course, but there's no point in arguing about it.

Esa-Petteri said:
Samus Aran said:
Esa-Petteri said:
95+, simply because reviewers are biased.

Yeah, biased towards HD consoles and that's why they give wii games always lower scores except first party Nintendo games :) 

The fact SMG got 97% was because it was great and not because biased reviews. Why bother posting in the nintendo section if you're never going to post something nice. 

Yeah, they were just like Halo 3, GTA 4 and many other great HD-games.

Oh, is there a rule that you have to worship nintendo to post here? Please, show me that rule. :)

There's one problem with your logic though. Most people who own gta4 here think it's overrated, but most people who own super mario galaxy think it's one of the greatest games ever made. That's why Super Mario Galaxy certainly deserves that 97% on metacritic and I find it sad that you don't think so. Have you even played and beat this game to make a judgement like that? I don't think so. 

I've played gta4 and it was a good game, but it felt like a gimped down version of gta san andreas in some ways.

You don't have to worship Nintendo, but posting bad stuff about them everytime you post here is just stupid. If you hate Nintendo this much and the wii then just ignore this Nintendo section. The number of times you were banned just further proves my point. The only thing I want to show you is the Sony section. Go post there.

megaman79 said:
Chrizum said:
hsrob said:
Esa-Petteri said:
megaman79 said:
Higher than GTA4, to make up that dismal propaganda fueled mass deception on the videogaming public.

Galaxy is better GTA4, this is fact.

GTA4 is better than galaxy, that is a fact.

No, they are both opinions.

And that is a fact!

No, SMG was chosen as game of the year by many sites, GTA4 was not. That's a fact. FACT

http://kotaku.com/5125410/the-2008-goty-gotys-the-best-of-the-best

Looks like GTA got some goty awards, after all.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/grandtheftauto4

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/supermariogalaxy

Ohh, it had better reviews.

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7103&region=All

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7102&region=All

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6963&region=All

And... guess what, it sold almost double the amount SMG sold.

So, I guess you meant to say that "in my opinion SMG is a better game, despite the FACTS".

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

There's one problem with your logic though. Most people who own gta4 here think it's overrated, but most people who own super mario galaxy think it's one of the greatest games ever made. That's why Super Mario Galaxy certainly deserves that 97% on metacritic and I find it sad that you don't think so. Have you even played and beat this game to make a judgement like that? I don't think so. 

I've played gta4 and it was a good game, but it felt like a gimped down version of gta san andreas in some ways.

You don't have to worship Nintendo, but posting bad stuff about them everytime you post here is just stupid. If you hate Nintendo this much and the wii then just ignore this Nintendo section. The number of times you were banned just further proves my point. The only thing I want to show you is the Sony section. Go post there.

So you are saying that because some marioboys love their mario games... it deserves the scores but GTA does not because some people did not like it? Guess what, there are a lot of people who don't like SMG.  I have played it, but why on earth should I beat a game which I don't like at all? I'm not into torture.. sorry.

I see, it is just that you can't say anything which could be considered negative towards nintendo. Does it really make you feel so bad if someone does not like the same stuff as you do? How sad. :(

Nope, but when it's all untrue and very stupid then yes. Gta4 sold better then SMG? Of course it did, it's mutli platform game! Why do you say mario fanboys like there mario game? I can say the same about gta fanboys liking gta. I know some people don't like SMG, but I don't see them as much as people who hate on gta4. And that's almost everyone here.

Please don't make judgements about a game if you don't like it's genre. I hate race games, but I'm not going to post how much GT5 sucks now would I?

GTA4 doesn't deserve a good score because gta san andreas was better and it had more in it. That's why.

Samus Aran said:
Nope, but when it's all untrue and very stupid then yes. Gta4 sold better then SMG? Of course it did, it's mutli platform game! Why do you say mario fanboys like there mario game? I can say the same about gta fanboys liking gta. I know some people don't like SMG, but I don't see them as much as people who hate on gta4. And that's almost everyone here.

Please don't make judgements about a game if you don't like it's genre. I hate race games, but I'm not going to post how much GT5 sucks now would I?

GTA4 doesn't deserve a good score because gta san andreas was better and it had more in it. That's why.

You are letting your anger cloud your judgement. Where did I say that SMG sucked?

Oh and even if it is multiplatform, wii has almost as big install base as 2 other consoles. Shouldn't that kind of "great" game sell at least as much as the "overrated" gta?

GTA does not deserve a good score? Well thanks for your opinion. It really matters a lot, especially considering that your beloved console did not get GTA. :)

GTA and SMG are both quality games. Some people like SMG more, others like GTA more.

I'd say GTA 4 has more things "wrong" with it than SMG, but still, it all comes down to opinion which game you like more.

Can this discussion now please end because it's totally useless.

Esa-Petteri said:
Samus Aran said:

You are letting your anger cloud your judgement. Where did I say that SMG sucked?

Oh and even if it is multiplatform, wii has almost as big install base as 2 other consoles. Shouldn't that kind of "great" game sell at least as much as the "overrated" gta?

GTA does not deserve a good score? Well thanks for your opinion. It really matters a lot, especially considering that your beloved console did not get GTA. :)

I've played GTA4 on my pc. I don't game on my wii alone. Overrated and overhyped games tend to sell a lot. Sure mario games are that as well, but gta and Halo games are a lot more hyped.