By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guessing Super Mario Galaxy 2's Metascore

toastboy44562 said:
im guessing 74-82

Lol.  I think we all know there is absoutely no chance of this.  Worst prediction ever.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

I estimate SMG2 will have an average of around 92-95%.

Lower than 97 because some reviewers might bash it for having the same visual presentation. They will say that the graphics are amazing but resemble a lot to SMG. They should be more like SMGs graphics were so amazing that its phenomenal that they even improved it this much. I would say around 95. Probably 94 or 96.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

its 90

i think it will be around 92 - 96 most reviewers will say it resembles the first one

Around the Network

around 95, it'll be bashed for being a sequel and reviews will be called hypocrits that demand sequels in the first place

tuoyo said:
toastboy44562 said:
im guessing 74-82

Lol.  I think we all know there is absoutely no chance of this.  Worst prediction ever.

Some data to back up worst prediction nomination.  From Gamerankings and rounded to the nearest whole number.  Metascores for the NES Mario, Bros is their original form are either absent or have minimal reviews.

Mario Galaxy - 97

Mario Sunshine - 92

Super Mario 64 - 96

Yoshi's Story - 94

Super Mario World - 97

So tell me again how Nintendo are going to neglect their biggest franchise so much that it's going to score 20% lower than the franchise average?

Wow, Yoshi's Story has a gamerankings score of 94 %? I think it didn't even get such a high score in the Nintendo magazine I read back in these days! (and it doesn't deserve such a high score imo, it's a great game, but 85 % to 90 % would be the range for it)

oh, and Galaxy 2 will end up somewhere between 90 % and 95 %. A Mario game won't get lower than 90, and a sequel won't score equally good or better than the original.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)