By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - come try out my now done senior project game, sling ball

^ I completed the game and got 73% Completion :P

for levels 25/28, you need to release the ball inside the launcher in the narrow path before you activate another launcher

or else the ball will adapt the collision box of the launcher and get stuck. 

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees

Around the Network

that's interesting old rock, never knew you could do that. and by the way, the ball getting stuck in tight spaces is a glitch. i would have fixed it, but i noticed it after i turned it into the teacher for the project, so i didn't fix it. i wasn't planning on expanding on the game any more, but i might just try now. it'll give me something to do over the summer (besides gaming lol) so it would be a good thing.

and makepeacefox, i know someone from my school said he got par on everything during testing, but i conveniently never got to look at his save file :b

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

there is a glitch at 25 percent completion level. The camera won't pan down once you break the "slinger" to get the metal ball down.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Old Rock said:

for levels 25/28, you need to release the ball inside the launcher in the narrow path before you activate another launcher

Do you mean release the wrecking ball?

My problem is that I activate the top launcher (below the wrecking ball) and then destroy the launcher with the wrecking ball to release the wrecking ball. At this point I am then unable to scroll down and so can't complete the level.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM

I got to level 22 or so I think, and I was really pissed at the camera. I was going for getting par on as many levels as possible, but pressing the restart button on that level had the camera moving with the mouse, which is a pain for me to watch. Plus, if you're shooting a ball on a level where the camera moves, then the camera is annoying again, because it moves once you release the ball. So I tried to look around for a keyboard shortcut for the restart and hit escape by mistake, which shut down the entire thing and I hadn't saved.
I can't be bothered to go back and try again

So, aside from some wonky physics and the bad camera, I had fun still. Good physics use, and some clever puzzles.

Around the Network
Makepeacefox said:
Old Rock said:

Do you mean release the wrecking ball?

My problem is that I activate the top launcher (below the wrecking ball) and then destroy the launcher with the wrecking ball to release the wrecking ball. At this point I am then unable to scroll down and so can't complete the level.

Oh don't destroy it =P use that launcher's own ball to activate another launcher while keeping the wrecking ball out of the way (yeah, it's a annoying glitch ). oh and vonboysp didn't say it but you can use the arrow keys to scroll...

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees

25 is flawed. Remove it or fix it. If I do release the wrecking ball the screen gets stuck and I can't do anything. I can't see the wrecking ball or the sling ball.

i wonder if anyone else feel's like giving my freak little accident a whirl :b

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Played it a bit, first few levels... and its fun, nice work on it :)

When I get time, I'll try and play some more levels...

It would work nicely as a DS or iPhone game.

In general, there are a lot of physics based puzzlers out there - but they are generally fun to play.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

if i was going to make it for dsiware or wiiware, i would basically...

-keep the graphics as is, with maybe a little polishing
-fix the bugs in the game
-improve the physics of the ball and other objects so they *feel* better to control
-have anywhere from 50-100 levels in it
-throw out that stupid map, and just have a screen with the level buttons on it (i was going to add a story in it, but realized it didn't need it. that map is a relic of that)
-add in a few more sound effects
-add in midi based music. make it simple background music with just a few instruments.
-keep that par system in place, but maybe expand on it some more
-make sure the file size is as small as possible (i've heard at least on wiiware, and if it's smaller than 16mb, then you need less sales before nintendo will pay you.
-make it 500 points.

now if i could only actually do that >.