By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - come try out my now done senior project game, sling ball

i started a thread for the when i was working on it months ago on here, but i'm having to use a different account now, so i can't edit the now broken link in my op, so i desided to start over fresh with a new thread. please don't shoot me.

anyway, this thread is for a game that had been working on using the lite version of game maker for about 7 months for my highschool senior project. the 7 motnhs is kinda misleading, because i would really work on it hard for a few days. then lay it aside for several weeks at a time.ai finally finished it a few weeks ago, turned it in to my english teacher, and did a presentation on it a couple weeks afterwords.

this is a simple in concept sort of puzzle game called sling ball. the object of the game is simple to get the ball in the hole (sort of like mini-putt golf). the ball is attached to a launcher apparatis. you click on the ball with the mouse and pull the ball back, and then release it to shoot it off into the unknown. the levels have gravity in them, and there are all kinds of things you can use in the levels, such as buttons that change the direction of gravity, fans, blackholes, and wrecking balls! there are 30 levels in the game.

anyway, you can find the game here ( http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/96048 ) the game is about 2.7mb in size, so it shouldn't take long to download, even on dial-up.

i'm interested in seeing what some of you think of the finished project, expecially those of you that play tested one of the older versions of the game.

cheers.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Around the Network

erm...bump

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

I will email myself this link and check it out later. I'll let you know my thoughts!

I'm downloading...

It's a funny concept, I must say (I haven't played through the whole game yet). You should make it into a DS game :)

Around the Network

Maybe I'll check it out later.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I've just downloaded it - I'll try it out later and let you know!

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM

Really awesome!
You made the best use of the physics and made it difficult.
All the levels were challenging but fun! (Especially level 27) \^o^/

Though there is a glitch (on levels 25 and 28) where the ball from the launcher after disappearing gets stuck on narrow paths....or is that on purpose? =P

Oh and you could've let the player return to the map after finishing (I didn't save from level 27) >.>

Still I give this game a 5/5 for both the concept and gameplay!

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees

Crashed on level 25.
Was enjoying it until then.
An auto-save feature would be very nice.
It would also be nice if you could open the screen larger, rather than scrolling.
I like it though, great job!

It's been great fun so far and really addictive. I haven't managed par on all of the levels so far though

I'm currently a bit stuck on level 25 - I think for the same reason as Old Rock - I can't release the "?wreckiing ball?" from the top of the level because the blue ball from the top launcher blocks it (after using that laucner to activate another launcher)

Is this on purpose (and I just haven't worked out what to do) or is it a bug?

How did everyone else beat this level?

EDIT: How's everyone else's scores looking? Are you all managing Par? Anyone below par?

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM