By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN AU: Top Ten of E3 2009

Now, I have little to no respect for IGN AU, but I thought this list was a good one, and deserves posting. To be honest, I thought they'd be their usual traffic whore selves and give the Best of E3 award to Modnation Racers or MGS Rising or something.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/993/993784p1.html

10) New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)

9) Just Cause II (360/PC)

8) Modern Warfare 2 (PS3/360/PC)

7) Homefront (PS3/360/PC)

6) Alan Wake (360/PC)

5) Brutal Legend (PS3/360)

4) Mass Effect 2 (360/PC)

3) Scribblenauts (DS)

2) Splinter Cell: Conviction (360/PC)

1) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

Yet another win for Uncharted 2, plus more acclaim for Conviction, Scribblenauts, Mass Effect 2 and Brutal Legend. I thought the lack of God of War III was surprising.

360: 7 games

PC: 6 games

PS3: 4 games

Wii: 1 game

DS: 1 game

PSP: 0 games

If number 1 is 10 points, 2 is 9 points, and so on:

360: 36

PC: 31

PS3: 23

DS: 8

Wii: 1

PSP: 0

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Wow alot of 360 games up there, and lack of God of War III is surprising, it should have easily broke into the top 10

Yeah, IGN AU tend to be pretty 360-biased.

Come to think of it, that's a pretty biased list. I guess my eye just drifted to the winner

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The lack of Metroid: Other M, super mario galaxy 2 and golden sun disgusts me.

Especially the lack of Metroid. Seriously, new super mario bros. wii just looks like a ds game. That doesn't mean it won't be an AAA game, but it's the truth. The list fails imo. Just cause 2? Never heard or seen anything of that game here and other places. Oh well, let the wii hate continue, but I'm going to pee myself laughing next-gen when they're all going to copy Nintendo.

Already posted here http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76563

Duplicate threads.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Was God of War III playable at E3?

Come to think of it, was Alan Wake?

Just trying to think of a reason why GoW isn't there.

Kantor said:
Yeah, IGN AU tend to be pretty 360-biased.

Come to think of it, that's a pretty biased list. I guess my eye just drifted to the winner

No, that's not a biased list. Calling a top 10 of E3 without mentioning Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, and Mass Effect 2, would be a biased list.

The only game missing here is GoWIII, and it was missing from a lot of lists, and has been criticized for playing exactly like GoWII, with just more enemies on screen.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.