By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Need help deciding. 80gig or 60gig PS3?

but with hard drive space and compatibility aside, how about the technical aspects? Is the 80gig quieter? cooler? more reliable? That was really the main thing I wanted to know.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

get the 80gb

ps2 compatibility isnt much of an issue, the only problems are with very old ps2 games(2000). The 60gb plays all of them, the 80gig plays about 80%.

Motorstorm is awsome, and getting another HDD, will cost you another 40 buks, with motorstrom at 60buks and the ps3 at 500buks=20+ dollars wasted.

80GB is highly recommended bro, get that $hit.

mM

just wait...the 40 GB will be out soon enough! ;)

RolStoppable said:

Delusional said:

I still love the Wii, but I NEED to have PS3 for Final Fantasy 13, vs13 and GT5. :) I'm a Final Fantasy fan more than anything. :D

If you need these three games, why don't you wait until they are close to be released? By then the PS3 should have seen another price cut. 

It's because the deal I got was better than even after they have their price cut, PLUS, the 5 blu-ray movies after rebate is still available until end of the month. :)

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

@Delussinal

IF you get it I I recomment buying warhawk, and resistance.

mM
Around the Network

Most likely I'll be renting games since I have Netflix. But I can't do first person shooters since I get dizzy from those. Definitely going for the RPGs, and games like Devil May Cry 4.

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

60gig.

Best value, and find the 7 Br special and get movies you want or sale them.. if you sale them you just got you PS3 for less then $400

I doubt I can sell the movies for more than $10 profit each. I've looked on ebay and most sell for around $15, after ebay and paypal fees, probably left with $10-12 profit.

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Just buy five Wii's.

I've purchased 4 Wiis already (not all for me though) :) Helped friends get it. 1 Wii is enough.

So there's no data out there that says whether all other components in 80gig is better than the components in 60gig (other than emotion engine)?

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW