By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
dahuman said:
NinjaguyDan said:
The time is right for delivery of content digitally on the handhelds. The hackers have shown the way.

it's going to be even worse because now hackers don't even need hard copy media for piracy rofl, they just fked themselves going that route in reality.

There will always be people like me who pay multiple times for the content we love.  I already own Banjo Kazooie/Tooie for the N64, played them both multiple times (years ago on the 64) yet I still bought them again on XBLA and played them again (and again when I find the time  ).

Add to that the games I bought on the Wii VC.

I may be naive, but I believe that there are enough people who support the good games to keep those who make them afloat.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
I don't get it. While I think the move is smart, the price is outlandish.

Right now, you can buy a 16GB iTouch for $299. Within the next two months, Apple will update the iPod line and the 32GB iTouch will likely fall into the $299 category with a 64 taking the top-end slot (this is rather obvious given the new iPhone specs).

On top of that, the iTouch is going to be using drastically superior hardware than the PSP Go with (likely) four times the RAM and roughly double the clock speed.

What is Sony thinking?

The thing about the iTouch/iPhone is that this new lineup hadn't been announced when Sony decided the price of the PSP Go!, and I doubt Sony would have guessed that Apple would release a new lineup of this kind, so fast after the old revision. The 3G iPhone and slimmed down iTouches are not even a year old after all.

On top of this, the PSP Go! is rumored to get its own "App Store", which should add some value to the price of the Go!, though I agree it's still too high.

So, what is Sony thinking right now? I think they are cursing Apple for releasing this updated iPhone/iTouch.

Rainbird said:
rocketpig said:

Right now, you can buy a 16GB iTouch for $299. Within the next two months, Apple will update the iPod line and the 32GB iTouch will likely fall into the $299 category with a 64 taking the top-end slot (this is rather obvious given the new iPhone specs).

On top of that, the iTouch is going to be using drastically superior hardware than the PSP Go with (likely) four times the RAM and roughly double the clock speed.

What is Sony thinking?

The thing about the iTouch/iPhone is that this new lineup hadn't been announced when Sony decided the price of the PSP Go!, and I doubt Sony would have guessed that Apple would release a new lineup of this kind, so fast after the old revision. The 3G iPhone and slimmed down iTouches are not even a year old after all.

On top of this, the PSP Go! is rumored to get its own "App Store", which should add some value to the price of the Go!, though I agree it's still too high.

So, what is Sony thinking right now? I think they are cursing Apple for releasing this updated iPhone/iTouch.

NO IT WONT, it wont add more becuase you dont need a PSP GO to access it you can do it with a 3k, why havent you get the point the 3k is digital too? it can download games it can do everything the GO can, but fit in a shirt pocket.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

radha said:
Rainbird said:
rocketpig said:

What is Sony thinking?

NO IT WONT, it wont add more becuase you dont need a PSP GO to access it you can do it with a 3k, why havent you get the point the 3k is digital too? it can download games it can do everything the GO can, but fit in a shirt pocket.

This is not about being digital, this is about the PSP Go! getting access to a bunch of small applications the other PSP models are not getting. Like the clock and calendar applications we have already seen, they are not coming to the 3000. And the PSP Go! is also getting ingame XMB, and the other models are not!

dahuman said:
oh it's totally a ripoff, nobody can deny that haha.

Its not a rip off.

Around the Network

Of course it will fail. Its harder to pirate games on it.

JEDE3 said:
dahuman said:

Its not a rip off.

because?

dahuman said:
JEDE3 said:
dahuman said:

Its not a rip off.

because?

The only way you can classify this a rip off is if Sony is saying it does something which it doesn't and the consumer doesn't know this so he buys one to find out he got ripped off and it doesnt do that or if when someone is buying Sony goes "Oh yeah.. in order to make the PSP work you need to pay a small activation fee.. and after that a service charge for us activating it". If a person sees value from it for him and he knows exactly what he is getting for the exact price he is getting it for it isn't a rip off.

so you are saying it justifies when the consumer is an idiot and not so when the smart ones know it's a ripoff?

JEDE3 said:
dahuman said:
JEDE3 said:
dahuman said:

Its not a rip off.

because?

The only way you can classify this a rip off is if Sony is saying it does something which it doesn't and the consumer doesn't know this so he buys one to find out he got ripped off and it doesnt do that or if when someone is buying Sony goes "Oh yeah.. in order to make the PSP work you need to pay a small activation fee.. and after that a service charge for us activating it". If a person sees value from it for him and he knows exactly what he is getting for the exact price he is getting it for it isn't a rip off.

they are giving the impression that the psp go will be the only one to access to the digital games, just look at all the replays saying they will get a go just to be able to get the games digital when that can be done with the 3000 too

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection