By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Smashed said:
Sweet guys.
Because some random guy on a message board says its going to fail means its going to fail!
WOOT!

And yes, we all need to B_E_L_I_E_V_E also, because some people on forums post the PS3 is the future, and say the PSP Go is a great idea.  So, because of this the PSP Go will both fail and succeed at the same time.

Around the Network

Can any techie prove this right or wrong?

I'm pretty sure that Flash memory has almost nil loading time..
THATS PRETTY SWEET

the blue tooth is probably for head phones which is neat, other than that... I can only see it being used for hacking the PSP Go.....

The time is right for delivery of content digitally on the handhelds. The hackers have shown the way.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

theprof00 said:
Can any techie prove this right or wrong?

I'm pretty sure that Flash memory has almost nil loading time..
THATS PRETTY SWEET

It does have a load time, but it is only a fraction of what it would be as a disk. Solid State Drives (flash is a type) require no moving parts and everything is in one place at all times, providing almost immediate loads. I put a SSD in my laptop, and I load windows from power on to opening Chrome in about 15 seconds :)

As for the memory issue at 16gb, that's more than enough for me. I Have an IPOD Touch for music and web browsing, my PSP GO will be for gaming mainly. Also, 100$ for a 16gb Sony Memory Stick may be 100$, but that is horribly overpriced beyond insanity. You can find MicroSD 16gb cards starting at 45$.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

Around the Network

I don't get it. While I think the move is smart, the price is outlandish.

Right now, you can buy a 16GB iTouch for $299. Within the next two months, Apple will update the iPod line and the 32GB iTouch will likely fall into the $299 category with a 64 taking the top-end slot (this is rather obvious given the new iPhone specs).

On top of that, the iTouch is going to be using drastically superior hardware than the PSP Go with (likely) four times the RAM and roughly double the clock speed.

What is Sony thinking?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

NinjaguyDan said:
The time is right for delivery of content digitally on the handhelds. The hackers have shown the way.

it's going to be even worse because now hackers don't even need hard copy media for piracy rofl, they just fked themselves going that route in reality.

rocketpig said:
I don't get it. While I think the move is smart, the price is outlandish.

Right now, you can buy a 16GB iTouch for $299. Within the next two months, Apple will update the iPod line and the 32GB iTouch will likely fall into the $299 category with a 64 taking the top-end slot (this is rather obvious given the new iPhone specs).

On top of that, the iTouch is going to be using drastically superior hardware than the PSP Go with (likely) four times the RAM and roughly double the clock speed.

What is Sony thinking?

prolly trying to loose even more money by next year's report >.>;

I do love the idea of removing physical media from a handheld, though. I should have mentioned that. Portables are great but if you can slip it into a pocket and carry 20 games with you everywhere without an extra bag, that's fantastic.

Besides, UMDs sucked. They suck power, take up too much room, and are generally just a hassle.

With that said, 16 GB and $249 for outdated hardware is a ripoff.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

oh it's totally a ripoff, nobody can deny that haha.