By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FORZA 3 is meant to be the GRAN TURISMO KILLER!

Hmm..
GT5 will still be the better game, even sales wise.

Around the Network

Hahaha, personally, I'll call it, GT5 victim.

NYANKS said:
Look any Sony Franchise that Microsoft can't steal, they have to copy. They are trying to smother Sony so they have nothing special to offer. Luckily Sony is rather creative so hopefully they can stay ahead of MS.

How the hell do you think Sony got into the business?

Stealing or outright buying whatever they could from Nintendo's rich legacy and whatever interesting was appearing at the moment.

Not to mention a whole year worth of FUD to sink the dreamcast.

For the love of god I can't understand how people forget so easily faceless multinational corporations are emotionless leviathans focused on a single goal: scrubbing our wallets from the last ounce of gold.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I am eager to get ahold of the -killer Killer, that is a Killer at Killing -killers. I think that the -killer Killer will be Killer.

Now, s_a_y  t_h_a_t   f_i_v_e   t_i_m_e_s   f_a_s_t

Blacksaber said:
Has any Killer actually killed?

It is more like a series does itself in, and another one shows up to claim the pieces.

Around the Network

GT is not competing with Forza because no game can compete with the definitive racing game of the generation.

Just like Killzone 2 was the Halo 3 killer?

All these Forza fanboys are setting themselves up to be disappointed. Gran Turismo will at least double Forza sales. You have my word.

NYANKS said:
Look any Sony Franchise that Microsoft can't steal, they have to copy. They are trying to smother Sony so they have nothing special to offer. Luckily Sony is rather creative so hopefully they can stay ahead of MS.

I fail to see where Sony has kept ahead of MS this gen. Also, if I am not mistaken, Sony tried to copy MS flagship game as well (KZ KZ2), so this door swings both ways. Lastly, "copying" the competition just creates more competition, and keeps the game devs from sitting on their laurels and creating a sloppy game.

bottom line is, this competition between GT and Forza is a good thing. I don't know if Forza can effectivly "kill" GT, but it certainly should be making them sweat. From what I have seen, the Forza cars look more realistc in finish. The cars look like they are show quality.The GT5 cars have a mixture of finishes on their cars. All the cars seem to have a matte finish in some areas, and a gloss in others, they actually look more fake because of it.  

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

It is, and it will outsell GT5.