By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FORZA 3 is meant to be the GRAN TURISMO KILLER!

ROFL LMAO!!!! ohh god comon GT5 come out alrdy so I could enjoy the massive damage control from fanboys.

Around the Network
Gh0st4lifE said:
True racing simulation lovers can only feel thrilled having two huge franchises available instead of one.

I sense a lot of people here aren't as much racing simulations as they are PS3 fanatics.

Yes anyone who calls him/herself a racing sim fan but doesn't want to, or isn't excited to play both Forza and GT is just a bull faced liar fanboy!  If your a true racing fan then you can never have too many AAA racing games to play.  But don't forget...it isn't just the PS3 fanboys that are having that problem, the 360 fanboys are not exactly blameless on this subject either.

How can Forza 3 kill GT5 when they're both exclusives on a different console? Haven't you people ever heard of logic?

It wont just fail, it will epicly epicly fail

Taz! said:

I highly doubt that. There is a lot of excitement surrounding Forza 3, I suspect the sales will be much closer than you think.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
snyperdud said:
It may crack 3 million lifetime without bundling.

Gran Turismo 5 may do around 6 million lifetime without bundling. I a better lso believe GT5 will be reviewed as history shows.

I know you're intentions were good.....but MAY do 6 million?  You need to go learn some history, kiddo.

ironman said:
Taz! said:

I highly doubt that. There is a lot of excitement surrounding Forza 3, I suspect the sales will be much closer than you think.

Sales won't be anywhere near each other - don't hype yourself up for a huge letdown.

That's not to say Forza won't be a good game.  But it won't sell like GT, it doesn't have a chance. 

I already have a bet going GTP will outsell Forza 3.

Forza 2 only sold a million before being bundled in 2 360 models world wide for '07 christmas. Who's to say that those 3 million who bought the bundle wanted the game even? I'm sure that people who wanted a pro or elite and bought one weren't all racer fans.

This is silly. For Forza to kill GT it will need more sales, cars, tracks, better online, better graphics etc. It cannot achieve most of these things

Taz! said:
This is silly. For Forza to kill GT it will need more sales, cars, tracks, better online, better graphics etc. It cannot achieve most of these things

Well, the only absolutes the Forza does not have are the cars, and tracks. Better online, and better sales are yet to be seen, who knows, however unlikely it is, it could still happen. As for the graphics, when they reach the level that both GT5 and Forza3 have, I highly doubt the average gamer would be able to tell the differance. I see them both being an awsome game, lots of cars, tracks, and fun gameplay.

If you really want to argue graphics, I would have to say, based on screenshots I have seen, that Forza edges out GT5. The reason is that GT5 has a funky finish going on with their cars, I see certain portions of the car seem to have a matte finish, while other surfaces have a gloss finish...it just looks fake. Forza has the shiny cars, which actually lookes like somebody polished the hell out of the cars to get them ready for a national car show. thats just what I noticed.

Other than that,  ithink both games look great, they both look fun. I wish I could afford a PS3 (I have a weak spot for NASCAR racing). But I have a feeling I will get the same joy out of playing Forza 3 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!