By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could someone compare XBOX-live vs the PS-Network?

With the major features of each? Can you download whole games with either? W/ home? I am thinking about getting a system and want the best online gaming possible. Thanks.

Around the Network

Home is not available yet. So i you would need to wait to make comparisons between home and live. But as it stands now, if multiplayer games are your thing the 360 is the place to go. Better matchmaking, connections, reliability and larger amount of multiplayyer games at this time. You can DL games, demo's and movies for both. Again the 360 has the advantage because of background downloading and sequential DL's up to 5. #60 has music videos available for free and the ability to rent/purchase full movies and television shows. I DLed a south park episode for free the other day. The PS3 has not got off the ground yet in terms of online.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Your talking about renting stuff on the 360. I just wanna point out, I was looking at the 'aquired keys' on my PSP, and for my PS1 game I downloaded. (medievil) it has a 'time avaliable' slot. So you can obviously rent stuff for the PSP. EDIT: When the service is provided.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

little compare - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgVndZg7-aM Home vs Live.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Thanks, Kwaad, Crazzyman; one more question: When will HOME be released?

Around the Network

dallas said: Thanks, Kwaad, Crazzyman; one more question: When will HOME be released?
sometime this fall

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Beta next month. http://homebetatrial.com/

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Never tried either but I heard they are both cool.

Alacrist said: Never tried either but I heard they are both cool.
Live is very, very well put together whereas PSN is, at this point, a big hassle. Wether or not Home will improve this remains to be seen.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Live has a better interface hands down. PSstore is just beginning, buthaving live for 3 years and now owning a PS3 i feel slightly taken by MS for paying 50 bucks a year when i can already see too many similarities in the PSstore and its free....you get movie trailers, demos, minigames, soon PSOne games, game trailer, full HD games like Tekken....essentially the same things offered by Live for free with a not so pretty interface...andthe gaming online thing, for Xbox Live you still are loaded through the game menu, its not an exclusive Xbox design, its up to the devs, so when you play online on th ePS3, like Fight Night or Motorstorm youre getting the same exact experience as on Xbox Live as far as playing goes. Hope this helped a bit.