By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could someone compare XBOX-live vs the PS-Network?

steverhcp02 said: Live has a better interface hands down. PSstore is just beginning, buthaving live for 3 years and now owning a PS3 i feel slightly taken by MS for paying 50 bucks a year when i can already see too many similarities in the PSstore and its free....you get movie trailers, demos, minigames, soon PSOne games, game trailer, full HD games like Tekken....essentially the same things offered by Live for free with a not so pretty interface...andthe gaming online thing, for Xbox Live you still are loaded through the game menu, its not an exclusive Xbox design, its up to the devs, so when you play online on th ePS3, like Fight Night or Motorstorm youre getting the same exact experience as on Xbox Live as far as playing goes. Hope this helped a bit.
Yeah, I've had Live for 5 months now, and if the PS Home offers the same service but for free.. then I would really have to rethink why I should spend $50 a year. Like Kwaad has always said $50 x 8 years = a PS3... or something like that

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Would anybody have a link as to when HOME will be released, at least in its early version?

Here's a good comparison. http://www.cubetoons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=146&Itemid=1

HA that is funny. I love the Wii one. That is one feature that Nintendo should change or leave open to the game developer. If it is a mature game it should by pass the wii number crap.

superchunk said: HA that is funny. I love the Wii one. That is one feature that Nintendo should change or leave open to the game developer. If it is a mature game it should by pass the wii number crap.
I'm a watching you.

Around the Network

dallas said: With the major features of each? Can you download whole games with either? W/ home? I am thinking about getting a system and want the best online gaming possible. Thanks.
right now live is the way to go...its been in service for years now and has the advantage of time.. the psnetwork is slowly gettin to the level of live but i dont think its gonna be on that level until late 2007 or early 2008.. home doesnt come out til october.. you can download whole games on both.. and both have background downloading now during gameplay.. live just has more to offer at this point and a variety of it..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament