By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I have an issue regarding VG$

well, news stories are paying a whopping $35, but it already had 1 pay cut and I'm hoping it has another to fall more inline with DB work. So take advantage of that now. There is a thread that ioi made under website discussion detailing what you need to have for a news story.

As for DB work (if you really want to do it), there are always new games coming out that need boxarts, images, and summaries. Banners pay a lot of money too, and if you have even minimal photoshop skills you can easily make those very fast from screenshots. Trophies are the slowest way to earn VG$, while correctly copy/paste summaries are the fastest. Also, there are thousands of games that don't have the backs of boxarts uploaded so you could even start with the PS2 collection and find plenty of things needing updating. Screenshots are easy to make money on, but if you have a poor connection are slower.

However, I'd talk with Talonman first, but we can always use help making the game database better. There have actually been a few people who paid off their debt to VGChartz

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Yea I will do anything I can to help the website out

mM
nordlead said:
well, news stories are paying a whopping $35, but it already had 1 pay cut and I'm hoping it has another to fall more inline with DB work. So take advantage of that now. There is a thread that ioi made under website discussion detailing what you need to have for a news story.

As for DB work (if you really want to do it), there are always new games coming out that need boxarts, images, and summaries. Banners pay a lot of money too, and if you have even minimal photoshop skills you can easily make those very fast from screenshots. Trophies are the slowest way to earn VG$, while correctly copy/paste summaries are the fastest. Also, there are thousands of games that don't have the backs of boxarts uploaded so you could even start with the PS2 collection and find plenty of things needing updating. Screenshots are easy to make money on, but if you have a poor connection are slower.

However, I'd talk with Talonman first, but we can always use help making the game database better. There have actually been a few people who paid off their debt to VGChartz

Ooh I'll take advanatge of that then! thanks for the heads up!

I know I could never become DBadmin as I'm not consistent enoug but I enjoy doing it in short bursts! I plan to get the entire 360 lirbary perfect.

Add boxarts, add achievements/trophies. It takes 5-10 mins to a list, and for 1 achievement you get 0.5, so for a full list you can get $25

Add summaries and more, oh, and starting long threads will help, those really bring in tons of cash

I dunno, you could submit news

I had my highest VG$ day ever today due to the submission of 3 news stories (they did get dugg so technically I helped the site) giving $150 each

I'm sure they will lower the amount of VG$ given for news stories soon, that was A LOT! lol

But I think ioi/mods should just qipe your slate clean

EDIT:

Final option = threaten to leave the site & get melodramatic unless they give you back VG$ or wipe your slate clean!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

You were perma-banned what like 3 times? You made your own bed on this one. Look at the ridiculous amounts of VG$ the people working the database have and you can see how to rectify the situation. Wiping the slate clean after you have been punished for harming the community is a bad idea though. The negative VG$ was meant to be a punishment for your trolling. It makes no sense to reverse that simply because it has proven effective.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Did you get permabanned a couple of times?  Cause thats the only way i could see you haveing -6k vg$.   And if so were they acidental permabans (which in case you should get the money back) or were they legit permabans, which would lead to the question as how the hell did you get out of them?

Not trying to be offensive, i'm just curious...

nordlead said:

You can submit news stories and get paid? Since when??? I'd do that instead of creating threads...

@gnizmo

yeah but he hasn't been banned in like ages now

he's improved beyond belief......he deserves credit & a new slate for that!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@gnizmo

yeah but he hasn't been banned in like ages now

he's improved beyond belief......he deserves credit & a new slate for that!

Did you see the thread where he said Gran Turismo PSP looked better than Forza 3? He has seemingly calmed down because he doesn't post as much. Even still reforming does not wipe away past actions. He trolled the shit out of the boards and now is dealing with the consequences. No way he should get a free 6k+ VG$ simply because he isn't one of the worst trolls on the board anymore. He has gotten credit for the reform by being allowed to post again through various bugs, and his umpteenth chance to change. If he wants to get out of the negatives then he can do the work. Nordlead has over 25k and has lost 50k from Talonman thinking it was funny. Former trolls do not deserve special treatment just because they aren't actively disruting the board anymore.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229