By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have my doubts about The Conduit's first sales

Bobbuffalo said:
disolitude said:
"The first Halo, let's face it, is very generic and a little mediocre."

No point of reading the rest after reading that foul statement.

I don't understand this. You didn't cared to read of the post because a single damn line? That's not what the subject was about anyway! Foul? oh for god sake! GROW UP! is just a game!

Second the opinion that Halo 1 was mediocre. Seriously Zombie Alien Shooter in space. Bland textures graphics, aweful story. The best part of the game was it's multiplayer. Don't worry about disolotude. Anyone who has been playing FPS for a long period of time will agree with your sentiments on the game.

Anyways.

Condiut will not sell well because it's like Halo 1. Bland and boring, but hey guess what there is already a FPS shooter for consoles that's bland and boring. Halo. Since Halo has already dominated the console market place why would The Conduit do well?

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
Bobbuffalo said:
disolitude said:

I don't understand this. You didn't cared to read of the post because a single damn line? That's not what the subject was about anyway! Foul? oh for god sake! GROW UP! is just a game!

Actually it is part of the subject, because you brought it up. Maybe i should reply GROW UP! is just a game! everytime you have called me a troll for mentioning a wii game i don't like, i bet you would be calling me a troll.

SaviorX said:

The thing is, I only have 2 WiiMotes.

That makes more sense then. I've played a few fun one on one matches in it, but 4 player was more fun.

It will ROCK not brick.

.jayderyu said:
Bobbuffalo said:
disolitude said:

Second the opinion that Halo 1 was mediocre. Seriously Zombie Alien Shooter in space. Bland textures graphics, aweful story. The best part of the game was it's multiplayer. Don't worry about disolotude. Anyone who has been playing FPS for a long period of time will agree with your sentiments on the game.

Anyways.

Condiut will not sell well because it's like Halo 1. Bland and boring, but hey guess what there is already a FPS shooter for consoles that's bland and boring. Halo. Since Halo has already dominated the console market place why would The Conduit do well?

Lol I love you.  Agree completely but I hate Halo more than you.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

Ohh, why the halo hate? Are you people jealous of the greatest console shooter ever?

I like Halo. I don't know about everyone else.

The Conduit has been getting reviews in the mid-80s, so it is a good game.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I think everyone here has that inner gut feeling that The Conduit won't sell as well people would want. And that it'll face the same fate as other Wii hardcore efforts, and not even break 200,000 units sold. Hell some haven't even broke 100,000 units sold.

I still have not seen any commercials for The Conduit, and that's scaring me considering the game releases in 13 days. Sega better get moving with their advertising because only internet users know about this game, the streets unfortunately do not.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Crazybone126 said:
I think everyone here has that inner gut feeling that The Conduit won't sell as well people would want. And that it'll face the same fate as other Wii hardcore efforts, and not even break 200,000 units sold. Hell some haven't even broke 100,000 units sold.

I still have not seen any commercials for The Conduit, and that's scaring me considering the game releases in 13 days. Sega better get moving with their advertising because only internet users know about this game, the streets unfortunately do not.

And Josh Olson has stated TV commercial to begin.
"High Voltage starts pumping up upcoming TV campaign for The Conduit we have bigger and better things in store for TV so you may want to hold onto your socks. Maybe even sit down. The PR train is just getting rolling � we have big plans and will be advertising the game pretty heavily. - Josh Olson, producer at High Voltage"

Credit: Gonintendo

I found this about their plans for tv-ads. I haven't seen anything myself, except on the internet.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Bobbuffalo said:
^exactly. I mean, is great is has that option. But FPS are like board games: who wants to play a board game alone?

I played board games alone all the time.  Chess... Risk.... Sorry you name it.

And when I played Risk... I didn't half ass it.  I played all 6 colors myself.

I had tons of friends... but they were all more of the sports and poker type.