By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have my doubts about The Conduit's first sales

Kasz216 said:
Bobbuffalo said:
^exactly. I mean, is great is has that option. But FPS are like board games: who wants to play a board game alone?

I played board games alone all the time.  Chess... Risk.... Sorry you name it.

And when I played Risk... I didn't half ass it.  I played all 6 colors myself.

I had tons of friends... but they were all more of the sports and poker type. 

Win a lot?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network
appolose said:
Kasz216 said:
Bobbuffalo said:
^exactly. I mean, is great is has that option. But FPS are like board games: who wants to play a board game alone?

Win a lot?

Surprisingly no, he loses every time

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

appolose said:
Kasz216 said:
Bobbuffalo said:

Win a lot?

Not really.  Always had a 1-5 win to loss ratio in risk.

I know that in order to see video game commercials, I have to watch WWE programming.

So this Friday, I'll watch WWE Smackdown to see if The Conduit is there.

If it doesn't show up there, I'll have to check WWE Raw next Monday.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I don't completely agree with the Halo:CE argument so much because, one thing is missing. It's not 2001 anymore. At the time when Halo came out, the concept of online console play was very limited, but the idea of local multiplayer was still very current. The more that online became popular, the more things had to change.

Have you ever played CoD 3, UT3, TF2, with less then four players? It's terrible. The reason is because the maps are not designed for that few of people. So if The Conduit wanted to do local multi-player, they would have had to thrown extra maps in there, possibly pushing things back. Also, there is not much need for local multiplayer anymore in the FPS genre. Co-Op could have been great, but how much would it effect the mechanics of the game?

With that said, I don't think the Conduit's sales will suffer because of it. I think it will suffer because of it's platform, the style is a bit lacking, and their marketing has been there presence wise, but not done well. I have the vibe that High Voltage does not have a very big PR team, and have to resort to directors/developers to do the talking of their games.

Around the Network

I think the Conduit will have very good sales, but not what some fans are suggesting.  I know I'll be buying the game, simply because it has Wii Speak.  It's the only game (other than Animal Crossing) to support it thus far, and I want to send a message for others to include it.  I probably won't be dishing out $47-50 at launch though, and will wait for hopefully a price cut after about 2-3 months on the shelves.

Local multiplayer is great, but that's not the target market for the Conduit.  There are other great Wii games with local multiplayer.

Hardware is only a means to enjoy great games!

I just picked up Wii Speak off Amazon.ca for $13 (57% off) so now I'm compelled to get Conduit too just so I have an excuse to use it.

That's one more day one sale.

IMO, it'd be tough to do split-screen FPS controls with the wiimote.

The sensor bar knows where the center of the TV is, but not where the 25% and 75% mark is. And you'll lose some accuracy since you'd only be using half of the sensor bar's ability (roughly).
Also, having extra screen real-estate is useful for controls like that.

The reason Red Steele sucked was because of the controls. I'm sure it's possible, but there will definitely be compromises in doing a split-screen FPS with wii controls.

Kasz216 said:
appolose said:
Kasz216 said:
Bobbuffalo said:

Win a lot?

Not really.  Always had a 1-5 win to loss ratio in risk.

Well, Risk never really had much strategy.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

I already bought the Animal Crossing Bundle with WiiSpeak just for use in the Conduit. It was $39.99 on newegg.com, but they had it for as low as $34.99 last week, which means you're getting the game for like $5 over the price of WiiSpeak alone.

Anyhow, I'm also wanting to try WiiSpeak with Endless Ocean 2 :) go go casual !! woot

Hardware is only a means to enjoy great games!