By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next gen perspective from someone who hasn't made the leap yet.

@chadius

Thanks man I guess you like street fighter also.

My bro has a DS so I played it. I really like it. I guess that should be the next console I get since its a safe choice. And ur right about this gen WAY too weird for me lol.

Truthfully I would like to own all the next gen consoles but dony have enough money. So for now I'll just wait and see which interest me the most and buy that one first and eventually own them all.

Around the Network

I can understand but not relate to the assesment of the TC about any of the systems.

I hav a Wii and got it launch day and have played it at least a couple hours of everyday. I'm not into who makes the games (3rd party vs. 1st party) but the games themselves. That being said since I've owned the Wii I've played and enjoy:

Zelda TP
COD3
Super Paper Mario
Sonic And The Secret Rings (still playing)
Excite Truck (still playing)
Trauma Center (still playing)
SSX Blur
Godfather (just got)
and of course Metroid Prime 3

Now for xbox360 I can see if you don't like "shooters" but there are tons of games for the 360 that are actually turning my tides to picking one up soon. I don't mind shooters though, and you can also play madden (which i hear is amazing on 360. Nba Street 3, Def Jam Icon, and a couple others. Not too mention the massiveness of Live and xbox arcade.

The Ps3 has Resistence, MotorStorm, Heavenly Sword, Lair (for at least a rental), Tekken 5 online.

Now I love games and to me there are tons of games that warrant any of the systems purchase right now IMHO. The only system that I wouldn't consider buying until MORE games came out is Ps3. But besides having a Wii for me xbox is going to be the way to go. I think their library is really good and only going to get better in time. Same for the Wii for not eve being out a full year system it's library is pretty solid regardless of who's making the titles (1st party or 3rd party).

My 2 cents

After the new year, I think your choices in consoles based on price will get better. If the microsoft $279 deal with games, memory card, and wireless controller turns out to be true, it might put a little pressure on Nintendo to cut the Wii's price to $199... It will depend on this holiday though... keep your eyes peeled.

These were the games announced at Microsoft TGS that I know nothing about... They may be of some interest to you... Kingdom Under Fire, Gundam Operation Troy, Gundam Musou International, Shikigami no Shiro III, Operation Darkness, Zoid Alternative, Guilty Gear 2 Overture, Bladestorm, Dark Sector, Apocalypse Desire Next, Fantasy Star Univers, Illuminous no Yabou, Lost Odyssey.

I've not played any of these. There might be an RPG or two in there...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

This generation has been, a little rubbish. The only exciting fact about this gen, is the, sales. I only have a wii right now, but i have been very dissapointed, i was expecting more from nintendo. I also want a playstation 3, but right now it seems its goig to be a dissapointment, not messing with MS this gen, too much problems in terms of hardware, and i know they will be releasing the falcon, but i have already been put off. Maybe its a little too early to judge it, i don't know.

my 2 cents

Sony cares, its just that they think that the industry is their friend..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

If you think Sony cares about more than their bottom line, they've got you hook, line, and sinker.

About the 360 games, the best racing games right now are on the 360 (forza and dirt) and PGR4, burnout, need for speed etc.
Sports, madden, nba, tiger, skate (amazing game), etc.
Ninja Gaiden, Huxley, Assassins Creed, etc.
You have to think that RPGs and JRPGs are coming by tons to the Xbox 360 it's not my favorite category but when I look at the list of games from the 360, OMG!!!!

I agree with you about the Wii, no games from 3rd parties, just 3 games from nintendo that I'm interested in and Night that I was really exited about is not looking very well. I'm one of those gamers that likes to play maybe 5 or 6 games at a time, so I need a really big library for that and for now the 360 is the only one who is able to offer that.

Right now I'm playing, Halo3, Bioshock, Skate, Forza, Madden, GRAW2 (best multiplayer ever) and Viva pinata. that is going to keep me busy for a couple of weeks when PGR4 comes out and I replacing Forza for that one, and then COD4 for bioshock, Tony Hawk for skate, Assassins Creed for Viva Pinata, Devil May Cry 4 for Halo 3 and so on. Lots of money to spend until the end of the year.

leo-j said:

The think the industry is their bitches...

I have Sonic, Mercury Meltdown and Eledees and they are all good 3rd party games.

I haven't adopted a console this gen either (aside from the DS), I definitly leaning the most towards the Wii, in fact that's really the only one I have any interest in what-so-ever. I think the PS3 looks like its doomed in all respects and is just too expensive anyway (even the Wii is too expensive for me right now). And the 360, well, there's not any games I want for it and I hear they break alot, though I guess I would choose it over a PS3 since it probably has a chance to make something of itself. PSP looks fun but I wouldn't buy one, if someone gave it to me for free, I'd gladly take it but I'm not spending money on something that has been out this long and only has a few games.

So the order in which I'd choose this next gen is....

1. DS (already got it)
2. Wii
3. Xbox 360
4. PSP
5. PS3