By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next gen perspective from someone who hasn't made the leap yet.

Gab said:

I've been going on for too long here, but any opinions would be appreciated.

From what you posted, I'd say to go for the PS2. It may be getting a price drop to ~$100 in the future which makes it pretty attractive. You can build up a library of PS2 games you've been wanting and know you'll enjoy while you watch the current console war.

By the time you get bored with the PS2 titles available, you should have a much better opinion of which of the current generation consoles you want and the prices on units and games will have gone down.

Win/Win.

PS:  Welcome to vgChartz.

Around the Network

Thanks W o W!

Like the threadstarter I have been hanging around here in the shadows for a while without posting....

That is good advice, I just might do that. I do like the feeling of playing a brand new game though...and there are some very interesting coming or out for the current-gen systems...price does not really concern me that much as long as we're talking about just one console here.

But I guess you're right, and concerning BR that is another war where the outcome is really unclear.

It does hurt not to get to play SMG or Assasins creed for a while but maybe I can convince someone to lend me their machine....

Gab said:

Thanks W o W!

Like the threadstarter I have been hanging around here in the shadows for a while without posting....

That is good advice, I just might do that. I do like the feeling of playing a brand new game though...and there are some very interesting coming or out for the current-gen systems...price does not really concern me that much as long as we're talking about just one console here.

But I guess you're right, and concerning BR that is another war where the outcome is really unclear.

It does hurt not to get to play SMG or Assasins creed for a while but maybe I can convince someone to lend me their machine....

If you can live without having those big-name titles right now then consider it.

If you have friends with systems you can play on then consider it.

The later you wait the cheaper things will be unless you're looking at the Wii (which I don't think you are).

What you should really do is prioritize what you game-wise from this generation and last.  See where the majority of games you want falls and go there.