By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If MS doesn't come 1st next gen or the gen after , should they pull out ?

It seems even with the vast amount of investment that has gone into the gaming division Microsoft is still unable to dominate. In addition to this there are reports of a slow but conistent decline in Microsofts core businesses. It begs the question, should Microsoft put an end to it's arguably fruitless ventures into the gaming industry or should they continue to attack a largley lucrative market which continues to see YoY growth ?? .

discuss

Around the Network

Microsoft started out with a plan to be at the top after 3 generations. If they aren't at the top by the end of the next generation then they failed their original endeavour. However I think they're getting things right and if they focus a little more on profitability for their next console then I don't see why they'd drop out.

Dropping out means losing $6 Million for nothing really..

puffy said:
Microsoft started out with a plan to be at the top after 3 generations. If they aren't at the top by the end of the next generation then they failed their original endeavour. However I think they're getting things right and if they focus a little more on profitability for their next console then I don't see why they'd drop out.

Do you mean $6 billion ? .

Million said:
puffy said:

Do you mean $6 billion ? .

haha yes I did mean $6 Billion :P

If there had been no Nintendo´s disruption with the Wii, MS would´ve had a really good chance this generation, since Sony was basically handing MS a lot of marketshare on a silver platter because of their early fuck ups.

Around the Network

They will probably pull out once they have the feeling that this branche will never be profitable. And as they made profit last year I doubt that they will pull out soon.

Remember, Microsoft, like Sony and Nintendo are a business first. Their placing is for show-off and press releases only. The cashflows is where it's at

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

No, not necessarily. They wanted to win this gen which didn't exactly work out but I don't see them quitting because of it.

dont see it happening.

MS goal was to take Sony out of the Digital Entertainment market because of future

threat against it (PC market)

So simply put MS wont back down until Sony does

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
MS goal was to take Sony out of the Digital Entertainment market because of future

threat against it (PC market)

So simply put MS wont back down until Sony does

This.