By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Another price cut rumor..

Man I'm sooooo tired of these kinds of threads popping up. PS3 is not going to get a price cut period. If you can't afford one, then tooooooo bad. You're going to miss out on great games that are coming. BTW, rumor has it that the 360 is going to get a price cut soon down to $100. You know it's going to happen.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
TheSource said:

I was expecting a price cut in October, because it would be after Sony's second quarter of the fiscal year but still in time for the holiday rush.

Mid August is half way through the second quarter though, which does make some strategic sense if they can be profitable in the first half of the quarter, given that the PSP Go should sell at a pretty high profit margin during the Oct-Dec quarter even if Sony is losing money hand over fist with the PS3 hardware once again.

This guy is so cool...i believe..you should get your own forum called the source..where we get to ask you sales related questions

There is a reason we call him TheSource.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

He's not a source, he got it from IGN lol.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

tedsteriscool said:
Get rid of wifi, the glossy exterior, shrink the die sizes, give it a power brick, and release a slim and then I can see $300 happening.

Shrinking the die sizes would be excruciatingly expensive. A machining die is excruciatingly expensive.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

CaseyDDR said:
He's not a source, he got it from IGN lol.

Are joking or do you seriously believe that?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The Source>>>>> SONY official statements

i will go bye one if that big of a price cut happens....thats going to be nice

They are removing the glossy exterior and shrinking the size down, and bringing in the new chips, Sony can afford this.

My theory on this price cut that is looming in the near future:
Sony's financial forecast for the coming year was an expected loss (sizable loss at that) but my belief is that the loss took into consideration already their $100 price drop. They are forecasting more losses on the console because they have had the price drop planned for some time. So the extra losses on it will hurt them but wont worsen their forecasted loss.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860

ironman said:
tedsteriscool said:
Get rid of wifi, the glossy exterior, shrink the die sizes, give it a power brick, and release a slim and then I can see $300 happening.

Shrinking the die sizes would be excruciatingly expensive. A machining die is excruciatingly expensive.

Huh?