By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Ocarina of Time still the greatest game of all time??

BringBackChrono said:
killeryoshis said:
Snesboy said:
killeryoshis said:
No the game is kinda boring and is very outdated. But the game was surpuressed by pikmin back in 2001. Sorry its the truth Flame sheild up

You are going to need a better flame shield than that. No correct spelling in your shit trolling either. Outdated? Try playing any PS1 game. Boring? You might want to play MGS again.

But I don't like stealth games. And ever heard of opnion. That's what I feel about the game. No need to hate on a person who
has a diffrent taste

Hey, If you wanted to play the "thats my opinion" card, then ya shouldn't have made the bolded statement.

When I said that I meant in my opinoin not that it was fact. Those that explain anything?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

OOT is still the greatest game ever. We must not think in terms of graphics ('cause what makes a game is the interactivity) and preferences, but of innovation instead. Z-targeting anyone ? :O (been wondering where lock-on systems originated from ? There u have it :) )
And what about the fact that you could use a weapon in 3rd person and 1st person too (was a first in videogame history). And what about the ocarina ? It actually was the first game to incorporate music to solve puzzle, and there's much much more things that weren't done in games before. And there was a great balance between the story and the gameplay.

P.S.: MGS4 sure is a good game, but if i wanted to see a movie (talking about 1 and a half hour cinematics...), i'll go and rent one. The gameplay was great too, but a lot of ressemblance with Snake Eater. And as i said, the graphics are not good enough argument to say a game is great.

In my opinion, OoT has stood the test of time. For the last few days' I've been playing through Master Quest, which just adds more to the best game ever. =D

But if you ask me for a game that may have surpassed it, I'd have to say KOTOR.(KOTOR2 was a better game with a better story, but it wasn't complete--by a long shot)

i laughed my ass off reading this thread i think it should just be closed....no way in hell u can compare Zelda OOT with Mgs4...

I never really enjoyed Zelda games as much as most people seem to have enjoyed them. I had OoT: Master Quest, played it for five minutes, put it back in its case and then sold it a couple years later.

If Pikachu were in it I probably would've played a bit longer, though.

Around the Network

I never even heard of MSG 4 proclaimed as the greatest game ever, just by a few Sony fans.

There will need to be a huge movement in forums, websites, and gaming news sources to dethrone OoT. Also the argument of "at its time" meaning that now it is outdated is not a good argument. Then the greatest game of all time will only be that for 10 years or so because there will always be updated everything.

After replaying a few games this summer, one being Ocarina of Time just recently, I can clearly say that this game aged very very well and can easily take the spot for greatest game of all time (sorry ALTTP). I remember why I was blown away by this game when I was just a kid! It was a game beyond games for its time.

I haven't seen such perfect balance in gameplay, music, story and much much more in any other game. Now, I just hope Nintendo will be able to do another game like that, a Zelda title preferably.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Nintendo is the only company that knows the recipe to that game...:)

Nevertheless, TP was not quite the Zelda most of all expected like "a OOT killer." They working on Zelda so that "everyone" can play it : /  Miyamoto said it himself in the conference.  They want Zelda to be played even by peopel who never touched a video game console.

Simple answer, no.

there is no greatest game of all time. Just maybe greatest game in one genre. You cant compare god of war with final fantasy VII. Both are great games though