By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - G4's Big Announcement???

Some people (like me) thought that it would be an announcement that G4 was going HD, announcement at 7:20, 720P... But Kevin Pereira apparently responded that it isn't that (at least that's what some people claim but I still can't help but think that's it).

Around the Network

Yeah, he said it didn't have anything to do with HD right off the bat. As in, about two seconds after announcing the announcement.
@Omac It's not that I don't like Xbox, it's that I would prefer the channel not to be biased off it's ass toward one system.

Oops ever since they canned Kevin Rose I've never bothered to watch the show again so I didn't realize he had said that :/

lol yeah, he literally went "...at 7:20, and no, it's not like 720p, not HD or anything.." I don't really watch it....I have a DVR, so I pause or record the show until it's over, and then I read the ticker at the bottom of the screen in fast motion while I scan the show itself for anything interesting.

I lost all respect for G4 a long time ago. It used to be "Nintendo sucks, it's Kiddy, stay away from it." Now they are "Wow, we've always loved our Nintendos... Wii makes our world better." And then this Halo 3 launch thing? Ooooo... people standing in line... for hours... Bad ass...

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

Around the Network

lol You could probably have bought and beat Halo 3 in the time it took for that launch special to play. And not to mention the entire time they were on before the Wii came out, the Gamecube was referred to as "nintendo's purple lunch box"

Here's a video I found for Attack of the Show which is kinda funny (and hot)... 

WARNING: THIS IS NOT SUITABLE/SAFE FOR WORK

Well.....Olivia Munn IS hot.....but that doesn't make AOTS any better.

Apostrovich said:
lol yeah, he literally went "...at 7:20, and no, it's not like 720p, not HD or anything.." I don't really watch it....I have a DVR, so I pause or record the show until it's over, and then I read the ticker at the bottom of the screen in fast motion while I scan the show itself for anything interesting.

I thought I was the only one who did that! Back when Sarah & Brendan were on the show, it was cool, now AOTS is pretty hard to watch.

The ticker even pisses me off....like I watch G4 to hear about whether the damn Broncos won. If I gave a shit about sports, I'd watch ESPN. For reasons other than late-night kickboxing matches.