By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - G4's Big Announcement???

I've been hearing about this for days....supposedly at 7:20 tonight, G4 is announcing the "biggest piece of news ever on G4". I've heard some other stuff about post TGS bombshells going to be dropped, so does anyone have any idea what this might be? I mean, G4 is MS's prison bitch, so it has to be big if it qualifies as bigger than Halo 3.

Around the Network

G4 is microsofts prison bitch, this is true. What could it be, if only I had G4................

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

I don't know as you want it...I mean, the news will be out sometime tonight everywhere after it gets broadcast. I don't have anything personal against Halo, but having a 5 hour pre-launch Halo 3 special is overkill. They only have two hours split over 2 days devoted to the entire Tokyo Game Show. And about half of that is devoted to Halo 3. Watched both episodes, and there was literally less than 5 minutes devoted to MGS4.

I hope the announcement is that they will have more game related content. I mean there is X-Play, Attack of the Show, and ...well nothing else.

Attack of the show is like 10% videogame content, so they don't count. Despite the fact that this announcement is on there tonight.

Around the Network

Maybe they'll be shutting those channels down. They're almost pointless to watch.

-"Hey, you want to see stuff about video games?"
-"Sure!!!"
-"Well, you're going to have to wait and wade through tons of other meaningless crap before we give you anti-Sony and Nintendo news!"
-". . . . . "

lol seriously. I take it you watch those specials on occasion? I mean, they're making this huge stink about the PC and PS3 versions of UT3 not being able to go online together, while totally dismissing the same thing about the 360....and ONE SENTENCE about the legendary editions of Halo 3 being scratched, which was Kevin Pererra (or however the hell you spell it) saying how HE PERSONALLY got a scratched disc.

With our HD/DVR box, we get G4, which is pretty much only cool if they're covering an event (like E3 2007) and I wanted to check out press conferences. That, or maybe if they're talking about tips and tricks with their little 'cheat' show.

Other than that, G4 is almost pointless (for me at least). I did find it interesting when that Adam dude (if I mentioned the wrong guy, the partly bald dude on X-Play) talked off the show and actually praised the PS3 before an event (I think it was E3).

either way can someone who has it tell us what the announcement is once its up please? cause im in Australia and i dont even know what G4 is:)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

That was totally Adam Sessler, and he is just about the only reason G4 doesn't suck out loud. Well.....not too loud. You want some funny shit, look up the "Roger, the Stan Lee experience" MS/G4 seem to keep him on a bit of a leash, but once in a while he says something pro sony or pro nintendo.

P.S. Yeah, I'll post it, whatever it happens to be. I'll get it as close to 7:20 as I can. Gotta wonder what it is....like I said, they say it's the biggest piece of news they've ever put up....that implies that even they think it's bigger than Halo 3.... which breaks the G4 laws of physics.

P.S. Anyone else notice how similar MS/G4 is to MGS4?