By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Turn 10: Polyphony checked out Forza 3 at E3

RPG said:
We don't even know the size of Turn 10, it could easily be larger than PD which has 110 employees according to their website. GT5:P, GT5 and GT Mobile will be the output of Polyphony Digital this generation at worst.

On top of that Forza 3 has 400 cars and I am willing to bet anything GT5 will have more. There are more cars on a track at one time in GT5, Nascar and WRC additions and obviously so much more yet unannounced so that takes a long time.

Turn 10 talking trash because they know which dev leads the racing simulation genre which is PD. It's getting out of hand though to the point where Turn 10 are just getting very annoying. It's PR at the end of the day and Forza 3 is releasing soon so why not?

When we get a GT5 release date even with Sony marketing everyone will know the game is releasing soon. Nascar is a big addition which will pull the crowd from NA and WRC is also big. Having been unfortunate enough to watch Nascar I can say about as much skill as blinking is required but meh some people like it.

Forza 3 will outsell GT5 in NA of that there is no doubt, EU and Japan will be GT5 all the way. One can say Sony are too leniant when it comes to PD but can they be blamed? They could have bitched in 2007 that GT5 had not released so prologue released and sold a million in no time. Then they shut up, probably complaining now however when GT Mobile releases they will shit up again. Moaning will start again then GT5 will release and Sony will be bending backward for Yamauchi.

I wish Sony did force GT5 out now however PD will never be pushed......EVER!

Lets think about this clearly shall we? The Forza series launches usually in two year intervals. If Turn 10 had 5 years to make Forza 3, that game would have over a thousand highly detailed cars, over 200+ tracks, more achievements and far more car cusomization than they are already offering with a sweeter, deeper online mode to boot. I agree with you on wishing that Sony would push the date of GT5 though. This next Gran Turismo better be no more than a 10.

Around the Network
kn said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
RPG said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I know Forza 3 is looking great, but Polyphony has no reason not to launch GT5 already. They could and they know it. I bet Forza 3's looks and style caught them off guard and after this its back to the drawing board for them. That is f'n sad. How long are they going to make people wait for GT5? If they keep going on this way PS3 owners will never get a GT6, because they are waiting for the competition to go first, when Turn 10 launches two games within the realm of the last full GT launch and the new one coming soon.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I would love to think you were just joking around but previous experience tells me you are not.

Anyway the guy who claimed this was none other than chespace. He is very well known for talking out his ass when it comes to PD and has been banned so many times at Gaf due to it. The same guy said PD would not implement fully rendered interiors and also no more than 2 cars could be able to run in GT5 with GT HD like graphics.

Turn 10, fanboys and their sons are after GT5 for some reason. It's really pathetic to say the least but I guess that is what happens when people are scared, the bark is louder.

S.T.A.G.E. damn son damn. Ignore function would greatly improve this website.

I'm getting both games, but Turn 10 is impressing me far more with what they've done in such a short time. Is that a crime? Why force fans to wait five years for a game? This game better be nothing short of a solid ten.

No...  If ANY game takes 5 years to develop -- on any console -- it should be so damn astonishing that the current 1-10 or 1-100 just doesn't cut it.  It must redefine what we think of in that genre so completely that we have to either go back and ratchet everything down in arrears or create a new "super-rating" system.

Seriously, 5 years PLUS is nuts.  Be it a Halo title, GT title, Gears title, or anything else...

Actually Halos timing is quite healthy; Halo games have launched at three year intervals.

This show PROFESSIONALISM of Polyphony Digital Studios team.
Gran Turismo 5 FTW! =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

y0ungK!d said:
Akvod said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CAL4M1TY said:
krimoz911 said:
If they are so confident in their game then why do they feel the need to talk smack about PD and GT?

If they are so confident in their console, why do sony fanboys need to talk smack about MS and 360?

It's the same crap.

Same with 360 and Wii fanboys.

I think Turn 10 might be going a bit overboard here, there's a difference between taking the fight to the enemy and claiming victory before the battle has even started (very sony-esque if you ask me).

Turn 10 have won nothing...and they shouldn't run their mouths because this is only the beginning. They just stated that they will be bringing the fight. PGR couldn't stop the GT series, so Microsoft bagged it and invested in Forza full time. On the upside Forza, 5 should be out by the time GT6 comes out.

You don't think Sony isn't waiting to put out their pretty much last and only true system seller during the holidays?

Lol, I would bet MONEY that  GT5 won't come out by the spring of 2010, at the earliest. GT5 wasn't even playable.

Lol, are you serious? GT5 was playable since Dec 13, 2007.

@FKNetwork ... your serious are'nt you? lol Did kz2 outsell Halo 3? Thats the gulf your looking at. Prologue opened bigger than Forza 2 on a much more expensive console. Sure Forza 3 like KZ2 will be excellent but as far as moving similar sortware your going to see its not in the same league.

Ynwa.

Around the Network

Coming from a person that was a GT junkie up until GT4, I think thye may be trying to do too much with GT5. Has anyone ever heard the saying "Jack of all trades, master of none?" That's how I see GT5 shaping up. Especially with PD being the perfectionist they are either they will release GT5 soon and it won't be as good as everyone expects or they are going to take much longer and it will be perfect. Although I seriously doubt with so many things added to GT5 it may be impossible to reach perfection, at least on the first try.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

S.T.A.G.E. said:
RPG said:
We don't even know the size of Turn 10, it could easily be larger than PD which has 110 employees according to their website. GT5:P, GT5 and GT Mobile will be the output of Polyphony Digital this generation at worst.

On top of that Forza 3 has 400 cars and I am willing to bet anything GT5 will have more. There are more cars on a track at one time in GT5, Nascar and WRC additions and obviously so much more yet unannounced so that takes a long time.

Turn 10 talking trash because they know which dev leads the racing simulation genre which is PD. It's getting out of hand though to the point where Turn 10 are just getting very annoying. It's PR at the end of the day and Forza 3 is releasing soon so why not?

When we get a GT5 release date even with Sony marketing everyone will know the game is releasing soon. Nascar is a big addition which will pull the crowd from NA and WRC is also big. Having been unfortunate enough to watch Nascar I can say about as much skill as blinking is required but meh some people like it.

Forza 3 will outsell GT5 in NA of that there is no doubt, EU and Japan will be GT5 all the way. One can say Sony are too leniant when it comes to PD but can they be blamed? They could have bitched in 2007 that GT5 had not released so prologue released and sold a million in no time. Then they shut up, probably complaining now however when GT Mobile releases they will shit up again. Moaning will start again then GT5 will release and Sony will be bending backward for Yamauchi.

Lets think about this clearly shall we? The Forza series launches usually in two year intervals. If Turn 10 had 5 years to make Forza 3, that game would have over a thousand highly detailed cars, over 200+ tracks, more achievements and far more car cusomization than they are already offering with a sweeter, deeper online mode to boot. I agree with you on wishing that Sony would push the date of GT5 though. This next Gran Turismo better be no more than a 10.

.....you alright up there?

Of course if Turn 10 had more time they would have more but they do not, simple as that. Reason is because MS keep them on a leash and decide when a game will release and Turn 10 have to stick to it. Sony do not because PD is by FAR the most important internal development team they have and treat Yamauchi like a god.

I would love for a flag ship GT game every 3 years from now on and the only way I see that happening is if the number of employees increase. Polyphony Digital being so darn good can be a curse at times. :P

Lol at the 5 yrs development talk.

When did GT4 release?
Early 2005 - Did you really think they STARTED the development right after GT4 came out?

WHAT? Really? Starting the development for almost 2 years before the PS3 came out?

And look what have they released since GT4?
Tourist Trophy - One of the best Moto racing games out there.
GTHD - For free
GT5:P - Demo of GT5 with more content than most other racers.
GT PSP (soon) - Full scale GT game with 800 cars and 35 tracks.

Just because the release interval is around 5 years, it doesn't mean they've been developing it for 5 years.

Why Forza was able to release so much faster?
- The Xbox had a year head start.
- Don't need to build the game engine from the ground up for Forza 3.

coolbeans said:
CrazzyMan said:
This show PROFESSIONALISM of Polyphony Digital Studios team.
Gran Turismo 5 FTW! =)

I think the more proffessional thing to do would be focusing on finishing up GT5 and not playing the competition's video game, wouldn't you?

To be fair looking at the competition makes perfect sense (although for sound business reasons, not Crazy's fanboy ones).  At trade shows the top companies normally always try and review the competition, and the more open the competition's willing to be the better.  Personally if I was Turn 10 I'd remember that they're allowing PD so check out their product a lot more closerly that PD are allowing Turn 10 (unless I'm missing something).

In the end PD are sitting on the knowledge their series has the best sales and brand (historically) and that their Prologue managed, on a smaller install base, to match the competition's full game.

They also have more time than Turn 10 to work on their product and if they want respond to anything they saw or noted from Forza.

Forza is shaping up very well on the 360, and with both titles exclusive neither strictly speaking is overly competing for the same purchase, but I'm sure DP want to remain the recognized top brand while Turn 10 are going to do all they can to try and stake a claim to the same title.

All of which is good for PS3/360 owners as I would expect this kind of rivalry can only improve the final results.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

RPG said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
RPG said:

.....you alright up there?

Of course if Turn 10 had more time they would have more but they do not, simple as that. Reason is because MS keep them on a leash and decide when a game will release and Turn 10 have to stick to it. Sony do not because PD is by FAR the most important internal development team they have and treat Yamauchi like a god.

I would love for a flag ship GT game every 3 years from now on and the only way I see that happening is if the number of employees increase. Polyphony Digital being so darn good can be a curse at times. :P

Thats exactly the point. At least MS can keep their company on a leash. The GT5 devs are starting to seem like they have a huge ego. Admitting they could've already released GT5 already and not doing so is a shitty thing to do. I am far more impressed with what Turn 10 is doing with Forza 3 within a 2 year timeline. I don't think GT5 will own Forza franchise this gen....this seems like it is going to be a close race since Turn 10 made the new engine.