By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - In West, Monster Hunter 3 will be huge seller or will bomb heavily?

Well, i think the traditional Dungeons and Dragons players will be interested in run after Giant Monster with Huge swords. But i don't know about the current wii owners...

Around the Network

Strategic advertising will help.

Pixel Art can be fun.

300k tops. Just for shits and giggles.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

well, if the previous titles are any indicator, itll be somewhere in between...

but if its bundled with a black wii, instant platinum

I doubt Monster Hunter will ever be a big franchise here in the West. Nintendo would have to help Capcom and do something like make Link a playable character in the game for it to have a chance.

Around the Network

I think if it's extremely lucky, the maximum sales it will achieve outside of Japan (as in, America+Others together) will be 1 million. Though I will be happy to be proven wrong.

Comparing D&D to Monster Hunter is a master FAIL. I'm off.

Yeah, excluding the highly unlikely event of Nintendo bundling it with a black Wii, I think this game would be lucky to do 250k outside Japan.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

Out of Japan, it isn't so hot. It could trick the WRPG fan into a purchase or something, but Nintendo would have to really push the advertising.

In America, probably 220k.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Black Wii = instant buy for me. And I'm deadly serious.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D