By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rebellion: "Bright future ahead for PSP"

"Rebellion, the Oxford-based developer that has delivered numerous titles for the PSP, has told Develop that it is ready to support Sony’s new handheld.

When asked if the studio is interested in making new games for the PSP Go, Rebellion co-founder Chris Kingsley replied: “Absolutely, we're right behind this new device. We see a bright future ahead for the PSP.”

“It is a bold move into the future by Sony,” he said, “but one that was bound to happen sooner or later. It will open up a lot of opportunities for a wider range of games from established genres to new innovative concepts that otherwise would be too risky to develop.

“In the past the games market has always been about maximising shelf space and sales in the first few months, but this can really help to expand the market and extend the sales life of titles for many months or even years,” he added.

Kingsley also praised the PSP Go’s hardware design. He said it had “that special Sony aesthetic that really makes it stand out”, and praised it for being pocket-sized.

Source: http://www.developmag.com/news/32081/PSP-veterans-strongly-supporting-PSP-Go

I like these guys, hopefully they make more PSP games.

Around the Network

What games they did?

Star Wars Battlefront PSP games

Thanks for your answer, Munkeh111.
Never played it. Not a fan of Star Wars! How are their games?

Decent, not fantastic, but they do an okay job, but their games have sold well, battlefront is one of the few series that sell well on PSP

Around the Network
RafaelOrix said:

Fun game, they also did the Simpsons Game and the Harry Potter one. Not the greatest of titles, but they have some obvious talent. These are the guys that were rumoured to be making Battlefront III.

Aj_habfan said:
RafaelOrix said:

Fun game, they also did the Simpsons Game and the Harry Potter one. Not the greatest of titles, but they have some obvious talent. These are the guys that were rumoured to be making Battlefront III.

Thanks. Maybe they could work on a new IP? Owned by them, or maybe with Sony. Well, we can only wait, and there's already a huge lineup for the PSP in 2009 and 2010.

They made tons of games for the PSP, and they even won a couple of best handheld developer of the year awards if I remember correctly... neither of their project stood out from the crowd, but their ports always where amongst the best , especially controll wise :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

They have had tons of success on PSP.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
They have had tons of success on PSP.

Yeah, when you work with IPs like Star Wars and Simpsons you will eb successfull ;) But all my respects for these guys, their games took away many hours of mine, tough my fav. PSP dev team is still Ready @ Dawn :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!