By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In crowd reaction to FFXIV--Priceless.

Were we watching the same video? The journalists seemed to love it. "What the Hell" doesn't mean OMG IT SUCKS!!!

Around the Network
Zezlar said:
Were we watching the same video? The journalists seemed to love it. "What the Hell" doesn't mean OMG IT SUCKS!!!

no one said it did bro.  But its still priceless :P...went from WOOOHOOO to Woo...ooo online? wth?

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

I do agree that it was priceless. "what, WhAt? WHAT?!"

StanGable said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
wenlan said:
i am sure if this game were announced exclusive for Xbox360, many people would see it as a huge victory for Xbox360 and the "online" part would play a much smaller role in the discussion

Don't you mean more Hate Mongering towards SE?...And Xbox owners would MEh for the most part...Since SE barely has a fanbase among Xbox 360 owners...and the little folliwing it has can be reflected among the IU,TLR and Star Ocean buyers....

I don't doubt it would of been a Fanboy Granade.....But for the most part it would PS3 fanboys declaring their hate for SE and saying that they sold out..I'm surprised I have not seen any ps3 fanboys doing this on this site after FFXIII was annouced for Xbox 360

That's a very flawed argument you have there. First of all IU and TLR are new franchises which is the reason they did not sell at FF levels, and Star Ocean I believe has never been huge in the states. 

I'm a huge Final Fantasy owner, I even bought FF XI and would probably have bought FFXIII even if I couldn't play it cuz I don't have a PS3, but one thing is for sure, not all FF aficionados are blind followers of it. I made my choice going with the 360 even if I could have missed on FFXIII and I can guarantee you that  there's a lot like me out there, or do you think now that all those 7+ million FF buyers think just exactly like you and hence will buy a PS3???

Errm?

Are you talking to me?

I'm one of those that wanted FFXIII but went with 360...No that I have the chance to play it I defenetly never buying a PS3.....

And since TRL,IU, and Star Ocean along with the FF MMO XI, are the first SE games on the Xbox brand...this is why I say the SE fan base can be reflected by their respective sales...

While you and  I are part of a small group of people...the reality is that FF buyers went with PS3 When FFXIII was annouced as PS3 exclusive(I'm pretty sure they had a few million with just that GCI video of FFVII during the 2005 E3)

Unless your not talking to me...then never mind...

Alby_da_Wolf said:
About the online issue: most probably mildly disappointed people are "hardcore" FF fans, but think about WoW: it expanded enormously the user base compared to the already highly successful previous Warcraft games.

Im more than Positive WoW took most of the NCsoft user base..When WoW came out I was playing Lineage 2 and many people were leaving the game to play WoW....NCsoft has/had a few MMO's with millions playing...And there were ton of MMO's out there....Just cuase WoW put MMO's in the gaming mainstream map does not MMO's were not popular....

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Zizzla, I'm not trying to insult you.

That out of the way, as of now it's console exclusive. I hate the title, but that's all Sony said.

If other people want to go around taunting it as exclusive, then I'll correct them as well.

Hey my thing was saying how people shot down Xbox 360 games when they are on PC aswell and say they are not exclusive even though they are not on anyother console....Now becuase PS3 shares a game that people want to say it's Exclusive using the term "Console Exclusive" is ok...When before plenty of people would not allow Xbox 360 games to be "console Exclusive"...Due to their appearance on PC

My reaction was similar. Tretton showed a trailer of FFXIII and I was like "AMAZING!". After the trailer of that game I knew something weird was coming up and that when he made the accouncement of FFXIV. I cleary was like "How the heck is that possible?". During the trailer I was thinking this isn't a typical Final Fantasy this has to be a MMO. Look behold it was glad it wasn't a real Final Fantasy.

And for Jack Tretton to say it can only be done on the PS3 is straight false. Square Enix is more than likely bringing the title over to the PC and later to the Xbox 360.

xlost8 said:
My reaction was similar. Tretton showed a trailer of FFXIII and I was like "AMAZING!". After the trailer of that game I knew something weird was coming up and that when he made the accouncement of FFXIV. I cleary was like "How the heck is that possible?". During the trailer I was thinking this isn't a typical Final Fantasy this has to be a MMO. Look behold it was glad it wasn't a real Final Fantasy.

And for Jack Tretton to say it can only be done on the PS3 is straight false. Square Enix is more than likely bringing the title over to the PC and later to the Xbox 360.

Well first off, it is a "real final fantasy" because Square-Enix said it is. It is their game, not yours. And Jack Tretton didn't say it can only be done on the Playstation 3. He said Playstation 3 is the only console you will see FFXIV on when it launches in 2010. Know your facts.

@Zezlar

Uh not storywise bro, I know its their game, and okay maybe I did mistaken Jack Tretton saying that but I could care less about that title. I know my facts I just posted what I wanted to say.