By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In crowd reaction to FFXIV--Priceless.

ROFLOL...The only console when it launches...errr...what about 3 months later in 2011?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

About the online issue: most probably mildly disappointed people are "hardcore" FF fans, but think about WoW: it expanded enormously the user base compared to the already highly successful previous Warcraft games.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I think its great that FFXIV is online (as long as its free), with the release of FFXIII, FFversusXIII, and Tales of Vesperia that interest me, i think thats a handful of single campaign player JRPG for now. Never hurts to have a change of pace once awhile.

V-r0cK said:
I think its great that FFXIV is online (as long as its free), with the release of FFXIII, FFversusXIII, and Tales of Vesperia that interest me, i think thats a handful of single campaign player JRPG for now. Never hurts to have a change of pace once awhile.
Free will only go so far with this MMORPG. All MMORPGs have expenses t hat the developer has to pay for and they will find ways to milk your money for it.  So get readyenjoy playing for free, but also expect to miss out in half the game if you don't pay for whatever method Square decides to give paying customers an advantage. (Most likely items/equipment)

What are you looking at, nerd?

^^
I agree.
To have free online it should follow the Neverwinter Nights model, that can be online, but isn't either massive or with persistent world, following a true MMORPG model involves costs too high to maintain the whole structure with only the game license payment and no monthly fees.
But maybe it's possible to allow both playing modes...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Dont waste your time FF XI sucked. Your better of p2ping for Lineage 2, not WoW

Yeah my reaction was the same. From "what?" to "ah online - NEXT!"

This won't be as big as FFXIII. FFXI on the Xbox360 did poorly and so will FF14. Besides I doubt it will be exclusive, since Square Enix said they are checking other platforms as well, including Microsofts.

I know there is a huge Final Fantasy Fanbase, but with FFXIII and FFvXIII, there is 1 major title and a spin-off already out in 2010. A third FF just for the online won't have a huge impact. So far, there is no MMO-game on a console you could call a great success like the ones on the PC.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Nightmare24 said:
Dont waste your time FF XI sucked. Your better of p2ping for Lineage 2, not WoW

Thanks for your constructive post, I just love posts like these.

/sarcasm

Awesome video. I'm glad too see people are actually supporting SE. I see that there were a few people in that crowd who were dissapointed because it's online. But I was at my house doing the exact same thing, and when it said online I was like...."YES!!!!".

I love FFXI, and having been awaiting rapture forever.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
StanGable said:
This great proff that FFXIV was not a bombshell announcement like many PS3 fanboys would like it to be. I think the journalist reaction pretty much summs how many fans of the FF series will feel.

PPL READ THIS COMMENT^^....IT WILL CHANGE COMPLETELY ONCE FF14 IS ANNOUNCE FOR 360 MARK MY WORDS.

Why would it change?....

Errm...the crowd reacting is in the video.sure they do not sum up the entire Gaming user base. but don't act like FFXI has users brimming on all fronts...