By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In crowd reaction to FFXIV--Priceless.

Zizzla_Rachet said:

I can't find the link but I also remember reading that he said...

WHen a third party annouces a game during our conference it is defenetly exclusive.We are not like our competitor....

Then SE annouces it for PC and says that they are lloking into a Xbox version......I'm sorry if I fail at pointing the finger at the people saying that and Xbox360/pc game is not exclusive...But if you look well on this site you will find the threads

I don't remember that, but if it's true then Final Fantasy XIV is the least of their worries, Ubisoft announced Assasin's Creed 2 on their conference, they showed footage and talked about it, and the game is also on the 360.

Around the Network
The Anarchyz said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

I can't find the link but I also remember reading that he said...

WHen a third party annouces a game during our conference it is defenetly exclusive.We are not like our competitor....

Then SE annouces it for PC and says that they are lloking into a Xbox version......I'm sorry if I fail at pointing the finger at the people saying that and Xbox360/pc game is not exclusive...But if you look well on this site you will find the threads

I don't remember that, but if it's true then Final Fantasy XIV is the least of their worries, Ubisoft announced Assasin's Creed 2 on their conference, they showed footage and talked about it, and the game is also on the 360.

The AC2 annoucement goes in line with the PSP version and interface with the PS3 version..So I think that Sony had the right to feature this in the show due to their PSP push...

Zizzla_Rachet said:
sega4life said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
I wonder how people felt after it's exclusivity being false

when he said "PS3 is the only console you can play FF14 on" ?

E3 09: Sony Announces FFXIV Exclusively for the PS3 [updated]

Not the actual FFXIV logo, sorry.

Sony dropped a bombshell of an announcement just moments ago at their E3 Press Conference. After a trailer for FFXIII rolled, SCEA CEO Jack Tretton cooly announces that Square Enix are working on the next iteration of Final Fantasy, saying that it is a PS3 Exclusive being released in 2010. So the first ever trailer rolls for Final Fantasy XIV, and at the end it is revealed to be the next online Final Fantasy game. Awesome announcement, but since I’m not really too big a fan of MMOs, I’m a bit let down by the announcement in general.

Update: Yeah, sorry about that guys. I got excited by the news when Sony announced it at their press conference, but apparently FFXIV is also scheduled to be released on the PC as well.

Source via Destructoid

Guess MS was lying about L4D2 being exclusive then too

JEDE3 said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
sega4life said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
I wonder how people felt after it's exclusivity being false

when he said "PS3 is the only console you can play FF14 on" ?

E3 09: Sony Announces FFXIV Exclusively for the PS3 [updated]

Not the actual FFXIV logo, sorry.

Sony dropped a bombshell of an announcement just moments ago at their E3 Press Conference. After a trailer for FFXIII rolled, SCEA CEO Jack Tretton cooly announces that Square Enix are working on the next iteration of Final Fantasy, saying that it is a PS3 Exclusive being released in 2010. So the first ever trailer rolls for Final Fantasy XIV, and at the end it is revealed to be the next online Final Fantasy game. Awesome announcement, but since I’m not really too big a fan of MMOs, I’m a bit let down by the announcement in general.

Update: Yeah, sorry about that guys. I got excited by the news when Sony announced it at their press conference, but apparently FFXIV is also scheduled to be released on the PC as well.

Source via Destructoid

Guess MS was lying about L4D2 being exclusive then too

And Alan Wake....this is why I hate MS and I'm glad GT5 looks better than Forza 3

"Online? What the hell?"

That was funny. 2010? After waiting 5 years for FF13, we hear 14 is coming in 1.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

A PC+PS3 MMOHDJRPG? Could be interesting...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It got a lot quieter when the online text appeared.

haha

Online? What the hell?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Zizzla_Rachet said:
wenlan said:
i am sure if this game were announced exclusive for Xbox360, many people would see it as a huge victory for Xbox360 and the "online" part would play a much smaller role in the discussion

Don't you mean more Hate Mongering towards SE?...And Xbox owners would MEh for the most part...Since SE barely has a fanbase among Xbox 360 owners...and the little folliwing it has can be reflected among the IU,TLR and Star Ocean buyers....

I don't doubt it would of been a Fanboy Granade.....But for the most part it would PS3 fanboys declaring their hate for SE and saying that they sold out..I'm surprised I have not seen any ps3 fanboys doing this on this site after FFXIII was annouced for Xbox 360

That's a very flawed argument you have there. First of all IU and TLR are new franchises which is the reason they did not sell at FF levels, and Star Ocean I believe has never been huge in the states. 

I'm a huge Final Fantasy owner, I even bought FF XI and would probably have bought FFXIII even if I couldn't play it cuz I don't have a PS3, but one thing is for sure, not all FF aficionados are blind followers of it. I made my choice going with the 360 even if I could have missed on FFXIII and I can guarantee you that  there's a lot like me out there, or do you think now that all those 7+ million FF buyers think just exactly like you and hence will buy a PS3???

What are you looking at, nerd?

most of the crowd were prolly excited until the online came up... but hey we'll see how successful this will go.