By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How would the greatest RPG look like for you.....

It would look exactly like the RPG I've been writing for the last 15 or so years.

It started out as me wanting to be a writer, completely planned out the first three books and finished writing about half of the first before I decided I'm not a great writer.

I'm kind of like Tolkein: I can tell a good story but I'm a bad writer.

After that, it kind of sat in the background of my head for a few years before I converted it to a Dungeons and Dragons campaign where it has gone from 3 parts to about 9. I've had people play the first 3 campaigns (first 3 books), I have the next two pretty much written, and then have the next four planned out and each of those campaigns takes 1-2 years to finish (except the second one, it's shorter and was finished in about 6 months with one group and about 8 for the other).

Now that I have all that written, I'm slowly turning the first campaign into a game. I have a pretty cool combat system that's almost like gambling worked out that should be interesting. One of these days I'll even prototype it.

Gameplay aside, it's your general epic tale with a large cast of characters, your main story with many interweaved side stories (what I'm told Suikoden II is like I guess), and I would like Irish inspired music.

Around the Network

lost odyssey

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Mass Effect sort with badass characters, more armor, weapons, huge array of customizations and hundreds of hours worth of quests.

@Twesterm - are you joking around or was that a serious post? If serious, 15 years is long enough, we want a beta.

Mario RPG 2

Around the Network
perpride said:
@Twesterm - are you joking around or was that a serious post? If serious, 15 years is long enough, we want a beta.

Nope, it has been about 15 years since I thought it up but hasn't been an actual game the whole time.  It started off as a series of books, turned that into a series of Dungeons and Dragons games, and now I'm slowly going to start making it a game. ^^

A few months ago I finally decided what I wanted to do for the gameplay (seems easy to break at the moment at higher levels so I'm still balancing), have the story and characters for the first three games made, and one of these days I'll decide what I want to build it in.  Right now I'm thinking RPGMaker because it's easy, allows for lots of flexability, and there are already a lot of sprites I can use out there.

Well FF X was the best JRPG ever so

FF XIII combat system
legendary love story
open world
legendary ending with no cliffhanger
World of NC soft [Lineage 2, Guild wars, Aion]